Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Are You Convinced?

Are You Convinced?
Image
We have a grandson who is a little hard headed. Once he has convinced himself about something, there’s really not anything any of us can do to change his mind. One day at lunch he “told” me that I was not going back to work. Of course I had to, so I patted his little head and told him I was so sorry. He replied with “Well, you are not going to work.” Finally as I went out the door to my car, he shrugged his shoulders and said “hmph”. He was absolutely convinced that if he said it, it was so. He’s that way about meals and activities and circumstances of the day. Once he’s got his mind made up nothing or no one is able to change it. Sometimes he will suffer because he is convinced and won’t change his mind.
I’m reminded this morning about the word convinced. The dictionary describes the condition as to bring (as by argument) to belief, consent, or a course of action. To believe beyond the shadow of a doubt that something is true. Synonyms are bring around, persuaded, influenced, committed, won over, converted. 
Things have gotten shifty haven’t they? Seems like everyone is doing their own thing. It looks like you’ve been hurt by callous disregard to Truth. You trusted and found people, places and things to be so unreliable. You asked for help and yet you have found yourself totally alone and thoroughly helpless. You may have confided in someone who should have been trustworthy but they didn’t keep your confidence. You may have pledged friendship, love, fidelity and honor only to find no one to stand with you. You made a pledge and it was disregarded as so much trash. You are walking in things that are yucky, mucky and messy. And it is so very hard. 
God speaks to my heart: I love you so much that I want you to be convinced about Me. Convinced of my love, convinced about my redemption, convinced about My everlasting care. I don’t want a shadow of a doubt to permeate your life, because conviction is what will hold you tight to Me when everything else is going wrong, when people are straying from My truth and when you feel the hurts and anguish of desolation, abandonment, rejection and more. Study what I say in My Word and take it in. Your life depends on it. In Me, by being convinced that I AM that I AM, you will be able to stand strong, stay committed, and consent to My will. The simplicity of the Gospel leads to such a depth of life in Christ that you must be convinced that My Word is Truth and My Nature is Unchangeable. 
Oh beloved, you can be assured this day that God is True. Convince yourself of this fact and everything else will fall into place. His nature is Fact. His plans are Successful. His ways are Loving, Kind, Generous, Merciful and Perfect. Once you are convinced of God’s nature, you will always be able to trust Him regardless of what else happens. Don’t sit in the dust and cry over anything that you have lost, for surely the Lord Himself will give you His best as you learn to rely totally on Him. He doesn’t just want to be first He wants to be your only. Relationships will blossom, peace will flourish and purpose will come flooding into your life as you lean on, rely on and totally trust the Lord. Stand with God no matter what, hold onto His truth regardless of what you see and know that sinking sand may be all around but you are convinced and remain immovable on the Rock of Ages.
God loves you and He’s for you. Are you convinced? If so, hold on beloved, for the things that are coming your way will be so wonderful that the things that have been taken away won’t even matter as you are quickened to a convinced life of value, purpose and strength, as you learn to live, move and have your being wrapped up totally in Him. 
Romans 4:21 He was fully convinced that God is able to do whatever He promises.
Psalm 119:89 Forever, O LORD, Your word is settled in heaven.
Mark 9:13 The father instantly cried out, “I do believe, but help me overcome my unbelief!
Psalm 33:4 For the word of the LORD holds true, and we can trust everything He does.
Romans 8:30 And having chosen them, He called them to come to Him. And having called them, He gave them right standing with Himself. And having given them right standing, He gave them His glory.

No comments: