Friday, April 25, 2014

Got Burdens?



I go to the post office for work nearly every day. Some days I only carry an envelope or two. Other days I may have several boxes. On some days the box carrying gets interesting. Between 20 pound soil boxes, light plant sample boxes and envelopes, it gets hard to hold them securely. Sometimes, when trying to open the post office door or put the boxes down, everything goes flying. If I’m not careful my frustrations will fly as my calmness flies out the door as well.
When life is a heavy load of stuff I find that I get more and more frustrated as I try to handle it all myself. God speaks to my heart and reminds me to let Him carry the load and then I can relax as all those things settle in proper order. Can you relate?
I have discovered that I might need to let some things go. How many boxes are you holding? What all are you trying to take care of? Are you barely hanging on? Are things flying wildly away around you? Do you wonder where it will all land and if you will be injured in the process? Hold on – God’s stepping in to give you a hand with all the “stuff” of life. You may be trying to make up your mind to make it on your own, but don’t leave God out of the decisions when you need Him the most. 
God wants you to know that you don’t have to keep juggling things. He wants you to know that life in Him is not always easy but you can handle it if you will give it all to Him. He speaks calming words over your life. The extreme struggle you feel is not from the Lord, but He will use it to get you to look to Him. He knows that often it is only when you are unable to do another thing that you will call out to Him, but He’s been helping you all along. He wants you to look only to Him for help, so that your life is hidden completely in Christ. That kind of life will bring you great peace and you will realize your true worth and value to Him. Juggling on gets you frustrated but walking in the light of the Lord will keep the frenzies and flusters away. 
Oh beloved, it’s never too late to release your overburdened life to God. He has shown you through the Easter promise that He is trustworthy, faithful and true. He has shown you through His Salvation that you are in His hands. He has shown you through His Word that everything you need to know about life and godliness is available to you. It doesn’t matter what other people think or do, it is your destiny to hold onto God and let Him relieve you of unnecessary burdens so you can live loved and walk in peace. The world’s message says busyness is godliness. But godliness comes flooding into us when we let God do the choosing. It is in the quietness of time spent with God that you will find the ability to handle your life’s demands and leave the choices to Him.
God loves you and He’s for you- on this you can rely. Live life and love Him and let Him walk through it with you always.
“Lord thank You for being my Help. Only when my life relies on You do I truly walk in victory and shed the burdens of life. Oh how You love me. You keep wooing me back to You. Today I give my burdens to You to order my life for Your glory and my peace. Amen.”
Psalm 94:19 When my anxious thoughts multiply within me, Your consolations delight my soul.
Psalm 61:2 From the ends of the earth, I cry to You for help when my heart is overwhelmed. Lead me to the towering rock of safety.
Psalm 124:8 Our help is from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
Psalm 55:22 Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

No comments: