Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Cast Out a Little Farther


Image
Danny and I both grew up fishing alongside parents and grandparents. In turn we took our children fishing and now they too take their children fishing. It’s a good, clean activity that can produce some delicious results if done right. It does take some planning. The right bait and the right technique, along with the right equipment makes for a successful catch. Little children don’t know quite how to fish when they start so sometimes it’s a little haphazard. 
Jesus had taught His disciples much and yet they had so much more to learn. I can relate, can’t you? He appeared on the shore seeing that they weren’t able to catch a single fish. They were discouraged. The flesh was not cooperating, even though fishing was their very lifestyle. They already KNEW how to fish. Was it desperation or was it obedience? When He told them to cast out in a different direction they did it. The catch was beyond their ability to haul in. It was more than they could handle. Suddenly the men who couldn’t catch a perch had a month’s load in one cast. Peter, realizing it was Jesus, hurled himself out into the water and swam to meet Him! I love this. Are you ready to step out into deeper water with Him? Are you ready to totally immerse yourself in Christ and not care what happens or where He sends you or what He instructs you to do?
God speaks to my heart: I AM the Lord. I AM the one who has redeemed you, given you a new name, reshaped your life and restored your soul. You are not who you were. So it’s time to cast out a little farther with Me. I want you to know the depths of the riches of My wisdom and knowledge. Where is your weakness? I AM there to strengthen Myself through you. Where is your lack? I AM there to give abundantly beyond all you could ask or think. Where is your blindness? I AM your vision, your purpose, your plan and your provision. Fishing for small fry was good when you were a child in the faith, but I AM calling you to deeper trolling of My Word. This will not be fleshly fishing, but will be Spirit casting into and beyond your natural beliefs. If you will let Me, I will take you beyond yourself and fully into the depths of My Kingdom and it will be for your good and My glory.
Oh beloved, God is calling this morning. You’ve been thinking about letting go of the bank of earthly cares and desires. You’ve wondered if God can be trusted. He can! You may feel less than but God is MORE THAN. You may have been bewildered by the lack of fruit for your labor. You may have been left to go it alone. All this is well within God’s plan to take you beyond the natural and into the supernatural. Run to His Word of Faith this morning and see! Run to Christ and believe! Run to the Spirit and let Him envelop you and change your plans. As you totally abandon yourself to Him you will find that peace will increase, fruit will overflow and life will be better than it’s ever been in your wildest dreams. 

God loves you and He is for you so wherever He tells you to cast your net, do it quickly. That’s where the real fruit and the real life in Christ is.
Luke 5:4 When Jesus had finished speaking, He said to Simon, “Now go out where it is deeper, and let down your nets to catch some fish
I John 1:4 We are writing these things so that you may fully share our joy.
Psalm 143:8 Let me hear of Your unfailing love each morning, for I am trusting You. Show me where to walk, for I give myself to You.
John 3:30 He must increase, but I must decrease. 
Psalm 111:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all those who practice it have a good understanding. His praise endures forever! 
Ephesians 3:20 Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us…

No comments: