Saturday, April 12, 2014

God is in the Intensive Care Business

Having spent the past few days in and around the ICU ward of a hospital, I can tell you more about the ins and outs of the ward nowImage that we’ve experienced it.  I can also tell you that folks who are patients in these wards are from all kinds of backgrounds and have varying problems. I can tell you that not one single person had plans to be a patient or a visitor there. And I can tell you that each person is loved by someone. Each person looks completely different and yet they hold these basics in common.
As we walked out of the ward last night, after visiting my brother, who is a patient there, I was ecstatic.  We have faced a dire situation requiring brain surgery and the outcome has been fantastic. After talking for several days about the sickness and knowing how we all felt so helpless and a bit fearful, we are now laughing and thanking God for His blessings of returned health.
While my brother is recovering and will move to a regular room sometime today, I am reminded that God is in the intensive care business.
God wants you to know that He is with you no matter where you are. You are never beyond His reach and never beneath His loving care. He is the Lord of the good times of robust health and He is the God of the hard time, when health is failing or sudden, unexpected times arise. He never leaves His position of Authority and Care. He’s never caught by surprise with the things that want to derail us.  He intensely watches over all of us as the Great Physician and the King of the Universe. When someone asks who my brother’s doctor is, I can tell them his name. But really my brother’s ultimate source of love and care is God Himself. The One who put the stars in orbit and the planets on their rotating cycle is the One who presided over the surgery suite as delicate brain surgery was performed. He is the Same God who oversees the healing of one and the home going of another.
Oh beloved, do you know about the intensive care you receive from the Lord? Do you know how much He loves you? He loves who you are right now. He never says “I love who you will be” or “I will love you when…” but He loves you exactly where you are.  He watches every step you make, and He knows everything that has happened to you. He was with you at birth, He is with you now and He will be with you forever. When you give your heart to Jesus, and allow Him to be the Lord of your life, the Intensive Care is out of this world. You have no guilt about your past, no cares about your present and no fear about your future. It is all in His Loving care and all presided over by His loving hands. No surgeon’s hand is so steady as our God’s hands in all situations of life. He wants you to know that while your situation caught you completely by surprise, He did not arrive on the scene breathless and unprepared. No, beloved, He is always present, all knowing, completely prepared and more than able.
You are in the hands of God and He is worthy to receive your trust. He loves you beyond your wildest imagination and He will always watch over you, guide you, protect you and keep you safe. And when your time on earth is done, He will be there to welcome you into His loving presence forever. Trust Him today, pray for all its worth and be thankful in all circumstances for He Alone is worthy. God loves you and He’s for you and that’s the most intensive care you will ever have all the days of your life.
Psalm 16:8-9  I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for He is right beside me.  No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts His praises! My body rests in safety.
Psalm 121:1-2, 8 I look up to the mountains— does my help come from there?  My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth! The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go, both now and forever.
Deuteronomy 31:8 The LORD is the one who goes ahead of you; He will be with you. He will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. NAS
2 Thessalonians 3:16 Now may the Lord of peace Himself give you His peace at all times and in every situation. The Lord be with you all.

No comments: