Thursday, April 03, 2014

Do You Trust Him?

Do You Trust Him?
Image
One of our friends often tells of his daughter holding onto the rope as the horse drug her through the dirt. “I’m not letting go Daddy!” she yelled. Our little Stella jumps from the top stair into my arms and evidently she knows beyond the shadow of a doubt that I will catch her each and every time. Danny would beckon our own kids out on the edge of cliffs while we were hiking and they’d just go with him. The grandsons will follow him anywhere on one of those treks. Each experience shows that these kids simply looked into the eyes of the one they trusted and not one of them held back or said anything like “What if I get dirty?” “What if I fall?” “What if it’s scary?”
I’d like to think I trust God. Wouldn’t you? But do we? Really? When we say we trust God, what do we really mean? I trust Him to do things I want? I trust Him to give me my desires? I trust Him to…(you fill in your blank)
I can’t just say I trust Him to make me look good. He may not do that. He isn’t compelled to do so. We care about how we look. We care about what people think. We care about appearances. We want God to make us look good (for Him of course). But He cares about our heart. Real trust says, I will go where you send me, I will speak what you tell me to, I will humble myself and pray more and forgive always…It says I will go the distance simply because Jesus did, He has and He will.
God speaks to my heart: You’ll have to learn to trust Me in order to go where I have ordained you should go. You will have to hang on for all it’s worth. You will have to jump into what appears to be thin air. You will have to go out on a cliff and not care how high you are to position yourself with Me. I AM beyond the natural, beyond the safe, beyond the ordinary. This area of trust takes you beyond the realm of possible to the realm of impossible. It’s okay because I AM the one who calls you and I AM the one who will be with you all the days of your life. You have a choice, but if you choose to step out in faith I will teach you how to let Me speak through you, work through you and your destiny will unfold as the most beautiful life lived. 
Oh beloved, isn’t it time? Why don’t you give God your heart this morning fresh and new. Talk to Him about your lack of trust and let Him give you fresh anointing for the trust you will need. God is trustworthy. He is the author and initiator of Trust. He knows everything about you. Your life. Your hopes. Your dreams. Your hurts. Your fears. He knows you’ve tried to trust others, but sometimes it’s proved heartbreaking. He knows you have held on and yet others have cut the rope. He knows that you’ve looked for love and peace and companionship and were still left hanging. But He’s your Everything and as you learn to live Loved by the Lord of Heaven and Earth you will find that Trust becomes second nature. He will never let you down, never leave you alone and never forsake His call on your life. It’s going to be different in this land of Trust, but it’s worth it. Oh beloved, it is surely worth it.
God loves you and He’s got a wonderful plan for your life. Trust is the issue. And this is all we have to agree to. It’s all He agrees to. I trust Him to make Himself glorified through me.
Proverbs 22:19 So that your trust may be in the LORD, I have taught you today, even you.
Isaiah 12:2 Behold, God is my salvation, I will trust and not be afraid; For the LORD GOD is my strength and song, And He has become my salvation.
Jeremiah 17:7 But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence.
Isaiah 26:8 Lord, we show our trust in you by obeying your laws; our heart’s desire is to glorify Your Name.
Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you. I will help you. I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.
Psalm 73:24 You guide me with Your counsel, leading me to a glorious destiny.

No comments: