Thursday, April 24, 2014

Our Times Are in God's Hand


...In your book were written all the days that were formed for me, when none of them as yet existed. Psalm 139:16
Three years ago today I was in a very different place. I was sitting in a hospital prayerfully waiting for the arrival of a preemie granddaughter. Very premature, we were all praying and holding our breath. It was a very emotional time for all of us. Time stood still as we juggled grandchildren, ministry, friendships and more.
As I was in the waiting room while my daughter was giving birth, I got a call on my cell phone. It was that daughter telling me we had a baby girl, Stella. She was alive but so incredibly tiny. In the natural it didn’t look good. No one would believe a 24 week baby would ever make it. But she did. More than make it, she is now a rootin’ tootin’ handful of love. Three years old, the only remains of her life in the NICU are pictures that astound us more now than they did then. Three years ago we couldn’t even imagine a three year old. Today we are living in the light of what God can do.
Stella has taught me a lot about life and about God.
There are things that happen we can do nothing about. There are things going on that will only be a dim memory one day. There is God who is right in the middle of it all helping us to grow in faith and in Christlikeness. We may not like our present situation, but even in the pain we can grow in grace and knowledge of God. There are times when we are in situations that seem impossible – these are the times we hold onto God the most. He is able.
God speaks to our hearts – to mine and to yours as well. What you are presently in is not where you are going. I AM the God who goes before you. I AM the one who has a plan for your life. I AM the overseer of your destiny. Neither your troubles nor your heartaches – though they be many – I AM greater than this present moment, as fragile as it all may appear. I will take you beyond this day and one day you will look back and see how Great I AM and how special you are to Me. Don’t look back to the former days, but look forward to the future days. Former days are gone – present days may seem shaky – but your future has My Name written all over it. I AM fully aware of every dire circumstance and every fragile moment – but I AM the Lord who watches over you all the days of your life.
Oh beloved, whatever it is God is calling you to it will happen. Whatever you are going through is not forever. God can do exceedingly abundantly beyond all you ever ask or think. Don’t worry if it takes 3 minutes, 3 days, 3 months or 3 years. Your time is in God’s hands. He loves you and He’s for you and that’s what will make your life shine with His glory and cause others to want to live in that same light.
“Lord, I give my life fresh and new to You. I humbly submit every single day and every single situation into Your loving, all knowing hands. It is so good to know that You will take me from the natural and into the supernatural as I trust You. Thank You for being Greater than all my problems and Lord over all my life. Teach me more about You Lord. In Jesus’ Name”
1 Peter 1:18-19 For you know that God paid a ransom to save you from the empty life you inherited from your ancestors. And the ransom He paid was not mere gold or silver. It was the precious blood of Christ, the sinless, spotless Lamb of God. NLT
Jeremiah 10:23 I know, Lord, that our lives are not our own. We are not able to plan our own course.
Psalm 31:50 My times are in Your hand… NAS
Psalm 139:16-17 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed. How precious are Your thoughts about me, O God. They cannot be numbered!

No comments: