Thursday, April 04, 2013

Freedom to Live for Christ!


A new car now sits in our driveway and I can tell you it was an amazing process. Unfortunately not everything that amazed us was good stuff! We basically dealt with two dealerships. One was high pressure to the max. The other was laid back yet treated us like we were the best folks ever to walk in their door.  Guess which dealership we bought from? When it finally came down to it mere dollars separated the price. But the way we were treated made all the difference.

There was also a way to look up internet pricing in the area of the kind of vehicle we wanted. I didn’t know when I went online that we would get contacted personally, I just thought we’d see the prices.  When the 1-800 calls and the emails started rolling in I knew I had made a big mistake. I ignored the calls and responded to the emails asking to be taken off their list. I am still getting emails from the same folks I asked to be removed from.  Although we have made a decision and gone on with our car buying life, they want to keep us hooked.

In the Christian life there is the immediate blessing of being born again. As humans, we all look for significance, love and acceptance. In Christ we have that as newborn children of God! We don’t have to look back to the past, look around to the mistakes or look forward to future problems. It would be great if the enemy of our soul would just go on and leave us alone! But life is still tough at times and satan still tries to hook us back with him. Not only that, while our hearts are new and we’re born again, our flesh cries out for more self-centered things. 

Unlike high pressure salesmen, we have the Holy Spirit who, through prayer and study of God’s Word, can remove us from temptation and put us on the do not call list! We’ve been removed from the law of sin and death and we’re moving on. Don’t let one call or one message take you back to your former ways.  Move on with the new – for it is surely a new day with the Lord!

Oh beloved, you may have been signed up, chained up and fed up with your old life. But in Christ you have a new mode of transportation! The life of Christ is meant to be lived with gusto and blessings! Regardless of bad conditions, bad times or bad decisions back in the old days, your life is hid in Christ!  You don’t have to answer the phone or return the emails anymore! God says to you today, rise up and live in ME! I AM your new life, I AM your new ways and I AM your everything! I give you a new life, I give you a lifetime warranty and I give you roadside assistance all the days of your life! You are now Mine and you will never need another Savior or Comforter! I love you and I AM for you and that’s all that really matters.

1 Peter 1:23 For you have been born again, but not to a life that will quickly end. Your new life will last forever because it comes from the eternal, living word of God.

Isaiah 26:4 Trust in the Lord always, for the Lord God is the eternal Rock.

2 Corinthians 5:17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

2 Corinthians 3:17 For the Lord is the Spirit, and wherever the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

No comments: