Monday, April 29, 2013

God is Closer Than A Phone Call!



When I’m working I don’t always go home for lunch. But yesterday I did. I went across the street and visited with one of my daughters and then I went over to my house and grabbed my phone charger.




As I stepped to the door to go outside a young man was walking up into my driveway with a spray bottle in his hand and a rage on his shoulder. I first thought, wow, detailers can sure spot the dirty c...ars, as mine was still littered with dead bugs and dirt from our thousand mile trip.



But I became uneasy right away and realized that most people aren’t home in my neighborhood during the day and the few neighbors that are home are women and small children. I let him know that I didn’t want any cleaning supplies and he walked on down the street. Now I live out in the country and there was no car, no signs, nothing. Still feeling uneasy, especially with elderly widow neighbors, I just called to talk to the sheriff’s department.



They said they would check it out. Do you know that before I could lock my house and drive a block the sheriff’s patrol was already driving by? That’s a real comfort.

I felt so relieved driving back to work. Relief came because I knew who I was calling. That I knew the dispatcher’s voice, I know our sheriff by name, know the deputies because my kids grew up with most of them and they responded quickly. I had heard we have a great county sheriff’s department but I’d never personally needed them.



There may be nothing to it; he could have been someone really trying to get by, make a living or get some extra money. I hope I was mistaken and that he’s a very nice young man. I’ll probably never know. But I do know now, by experience, that Clark County residents can rely on the system. They can rely on the sheriff and his deputies as well as the dispatcher and others who work to keep us safe.



I also whispered a quick thank you to the Lord when I realized that He is always available for any need I have. The sheriff’s department for me was a great reminder of God’s ever present help. I know that God is just a whisper away because He’s proved it over and over to me!



Are you feeling uneasy and fearful about your circumstances? Are you wondering what you’re going to do? It’s impossible to lock out the world. It’s impossible to stay behind closed doors. It’s hard sometimes to believe that God is for you when life is hard and surroundings feel suspicious. But you can relax and rest in the Lord!



Oh beloved, He speaks to you this morning with authority and love I AM closer than a phone call, quicker than a deputy and full of wisdom, power and might. When you call on Me, there is no lag time, no waiting in line and no stranger on the other end. I AM the Lord Who watches over you, sends my angels to guard you, sends my Spirit to guide you and sends my Peace and Comfort to be with you always!

You can thank Him ahead of time for His watchful care and immediate response when you call No lag time, no waiting in line, no stranger on the other end of the line.

Rejoice that no matter the situation, God is with you and He is an On Time God! He loves you and because of His great love He will be right by your side as King of Kings and Lord of Lords all the days of your life!



Psalm 34:7 For the angel of the LORD is a guard; He surrounds and defends all who fear Him.



Psalm 139:5 You go before me and follow me. You place Your hand of blessing on my head.



Psalm 138:7 Though I am surrounded by troubles, You will protect me from the anger of my enemies. You reach out Your hand, and the power of Your right hand saves me.   ---Saturday, April 27, 2013

No comments: