Tuesday, April 02, 2013

God Loves You and You are Blessed!


Yesterday morning about mid-day I got a text from my husband.  Actually I got two.  The first one was “Love you. Have a good day.”  It always brightens my day to hear from him. We both lead very busy lives and even though he’s “retired” he still works part time. So, when I get a note from him it means a lot! The second message was even more encouraging! He told me I was “the best wife in the world!” Can’t tell you what that does to my heart! To know that he thinks that highly of me and to see it in print…I am so fortunate to get that kind of message and I know it.

You know it’s true in life – loved ones often take one another for granted. Those of us who have someone to love and be loved by…it just seems a part of life. You get busy, you assume they know it, they assume you know it and there you go.  One thing leads to another and the fires of love grow colder as you work the hardest on other things.

Some of you are reading this and thinking, “Why don’t I have someone to say nice things to me?” Maybe you’re married, but it’s rocky.  Maybe you’re in a relationship but you feel you are on shaky ground.  Maybe it’s all over and you’re left with the sorrow and the bills and the wonder, “will I ever be loved again?”  You thought you were appreciated, adored, cared about and then suddenly the focus of your hopes and dreams is gone. Maybe you’ve “lost that loving feeling” and you’re just enduring, thinking to yourself that something better might come along.

Oh beloved, God knows your feelings! He knows your heart! And because God knows you better than anyone else on earth, He can relate to your hurts and concerns. You can rejoice, even in the midst of the hard struggles, you can rejoice, even when love wanes and hearts grow cold. He says to you this morning, I love you! You are my beloved! You mean the world to ME and I will always desire to give you My blessings! I gave my life up for you and will be with you all the days of your life. I AM a God of my word! I will never lie to you, I will never cheat on you and I will stay focused on your spiritual growth and care forever!

Trust Him today beloved! Follow Him first! Other things, other people, may not be trustworthy, but God always is! He’s your Maker, your Husband, your Redeemer and your Lord! Now that’s worth singing love songs to Him!

Ephesians 1:3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ.

Psalm 5:12 For You bless the godly, O LORD; You surround them with Your shield of love.

Psalm 68:19 Praise the Lord; praise God our savior!  For each day He carries us in His arms.

Isaiah 46:40 I will be your God throughout your lifetime— until your hair is white with age. I made you, and I will care for you. I will carry you along and save you.
 
Photograph courtesy MSH Photography (Matthew Howard on flickr)

No comments: