Thursday, April 18, 2013

Need a Mediator? There is One!


When I was a kid my dad was pretty much a Do it My Way kinda dad. There wasn’t a whole lot of variance in what he did and how he related to me.  If you asked him to do something or get something and he said no, then no was it.  There was no wrangling, pleading, begging. His no was no. Period. End of sentence.  Therefore the things He asked of me were pretty cut and dried too. If he said eat your food, then I ate my food. If he said, do your homework, then I did my homework.  I was not a perfect child, but I had a fear of my daddy in me that made me compelled to do what he said.

My niece Kim and I were together a lot when we were little. We had lots of fun. She was very outgoing. I was pretty shy, but she was not shy at all. If we wanted to do something, but I thought that daddy would say no, I knew that if Kim asked he would say yes, so we conspired together for her to ask him. It worked! He said yes and we both got to do it. I think it was going swimming; it doesn’t really matter now.
 
We all want someone to do things for us.  We want our way, so we look around until we find someone who will agree with us.  We desire things, so we listen to those who give simplistic statements about having it all. We need power, so we read up on it – books, authors, mentors – those who say power is the way. 

But with Christ, we don’t have to ask someone else to seek His face for us. We don’t have to worry that He doesn’t want to give us what we want, that He might withhold something good from us or that He doesn’t hear us at all. We can go directly to God ourselves. Jesus is the mediator for us. Holy Spirit is the Comforter in us. God is the Almighty and Sovereign One Who knows what we need before we ask for it.

Maybe you’ve been timid about talking to God.  While God is to be revered, there is no need to fear Him as an unapproachable dictator. He has been calling your name for years. He has been asking you to talk with Him all your life. He has made a way for you to be heard and receive everything you need.  This wonderful love that God has for you is beyond your wildest imagination! Because He loves you He will always answer you when you call upon Him in spirit and truth. Because of His wonderful care you can always trust Him to answer exactly according to His will and your best. Everything He does is for love and all His results are for His honor and glory!

Oh beloved, this morning is a wonderful time to talk with the One Who loves you so! His love is unfathomable, it cannot be measured!  His love is unquenchable, it cannot run dry! His love is so wondrous that no other love will ever meet your needs like His! Run to Him this morning and share your deepest hopes, your wildest dreams, your most tender hurts- He will answer you and touch your heart. He will heal your hurts and turn your dreams into reality. All you need to do is talk with Him and let Him apply His Word to your life! He speaks and the sound of His Voice will captivate your heart and soothe your spirit. He really does love you, more than anyone else ever has or ever will! He really is for you, so that when you need a touch from Him all you need to do is call out to Him! He’s your Abba Father, your Sovereign Lord, your Provider and your approachable King!

Psalm 33:20-22 We put our hope in the Lord.  He is our help and our shield.  In Him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in His holy name.  Let Your unfailing love surround us, Lord,  for our hope is in You alone.

Psalm 142:4-5 I look for someone to come and help me, but no one gives me a passing thought!  No one will help me; no one cares a bit what happens to me.  Then I pray to you, O Lord. I say, You are my place of refuge. You are all I really want in life.

Ephesians 3:2 Because of Christ and our faith in Him, we can now come boldly and confidently into God's presence.

No comments: