Tuesday, April 30, 2013

I AM that I AM Has Wonderful Plans for You!


I remember from most of my teacher friends that lesson plans are a real bone of contention. I don’t understand what all is involved but yesterday I noticed a friend posted on social media that she had lost a thousand pound weight – lesson plans were done for a class she’s taking at college! I also have a friend who has been sharing information about estate planning, especially for those who don’t have the finances to pay a lawyer or an estate planner. This will be a real help for many people.

Even with gardening and crop farming, there has to be a plan. You’ve got to know when to plant, what to plant, how much to plant and how to care for what you’ve planted. Without the proper plan all you can do is throw out seeds and hope something happens. It’s haphazard at best and going to be a waste of time and money.

From teachers to farmers, everyone has to make plans. We all need plans to create, organize and enjoy our lives.  We need plans to spend, save and pay our bills. We need plans to even have a great vacation or wedding or other exciting and fun event in our lives. A good marriage requires planning, even after the I Do’s.  Finding time alone is important to plan for couples with young children. Planning is required to have success in any area of life.

Planning for our spiritual life must be done as well. Unless we follow God’s plan, we have little hope to produce fruit in our lives or grow in faith and knowledge. If we don’t begin at the beginning, with His plan for salvation, we will never be able to make any other lasting plans. But with the foundational work done by the Lord Himself, we can build and make plans that will be for His glory and our good. God not only gave us a plan for eternal life, He has given us plans for godliness and abundant living.   

Maybe you are having a hard time seeing God’s plan through the tears, through the fears, through the hard knocks of life. Maybe you had plans and they were good, but they’ve fallen by the wayside or someone ruined them for you. You can hold fast to God in spite of these things, because God Himself is your Life and Estate Planner! His plans never fail, though we seem to be at others’ mercy many times, we are never out of His abundant care, as long as we hold onto God’s eternal, unchangeable, immutable plans.

Oh beloved, God has a wonderful plan for your life! Open His plan book, the Word of God, this morning and read about His plans. Read again how He has plans to prosper you, give you hope, give you a future and bless you with joy and peace, faithfulness and forgiveness. When God speaks to you He says, I AM your Planner, I AM your Guide, I AM your Answer to every situation of life! You can trust ME because I AM that I AM and I will guide you, bless you, forgive you, redirect you, redeem you, uphold you, care for you all the days of your life. And when I AM ready to take you home, I AM the One who will welcome you in to My Father’s House. You have nothing to fear and nothing to dread for as you follow Me, I will protect and deliver you from every messy plan that others try to give you and wipe them from your heart, replacing them once again with My plans. I love you and I am always for you and that’s a plan worth following!

Jeremiah 29:11 For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord. “They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.”

Psalm 33:11 But the Lord’s plans stand firm forever; His intentions can never be shaken.

Psalm 40:5 O Lord my God, you have performed many wonders for us. Your plans for us are too numerous to list. You have no equal. If I tried to recite all Your wonderful deeds, I would never come to the end of them.

Jude 1:1-2 This letter is from Jude, a slave of Jesus Christ and a brother of James. I am writing to all who have been called by God the Father, who loves you and keeps you safe in the care of Jesus Christ.  May God give you more and more mercy, peace, and love.

No comments: