Thursday, April 25, 2013

You Were Born to Love God & Let Him Love You!

Today we are celebrating the life of our granddaughter Stella. Two years ago she was born a 24 week preemie, struggling for life. Here she is a thriving two year old, a precious toddler full of life, talkative, laughing, playing and wrestling with her big brothers! We are most thankful to God that we were allowed to have her in our family. When I hear her call me Wowaw I am undone! I remember the first time I held her – I don’t even think she was 3 pounds yet. Much to celebrate and much to give praise to God about this little fireball!

We are also celebrating the passing of Danny’s Aunt. Eighty years ago she was born as the middle daughter in a windy West Texas town. Sixty two years ago she was a bride who married her beloved. Fifty-two years ago she embarked on the ministry with her husband who pastured churches all these years. Not all those years were easy, but with God’s help and by His grace, they stayed committed to each other and to God.

Life and death come to everyone. We are rejoicing that Stella survived her early birth and has become a normal, active little darling. We are rejoicing as well for Aunt Eddie, even though we are sad for ourselves.

Both Stella and Aunt Eddie have enjoyed their lives to the fullest. We know that when Stella gets older she may have stories to tell about the angels in her NICU room, for we prayed daily for them to watch over her. We know that Aunt Eddie is with the angels in heaven right now – praising and glorifying God.

What better testimony than to live life, even with its struggles. To be blessed by God, even in the storms. To have our lives hid in the shelter of the Rock, knowing that “these momentary light afflictions” are worth their weight in gold for our faith. We are not mere survivors, born to live in drudgery, darkness and fear. We are meant to be victors! We are meant to live beyond our troubles, toil and grief.

Oh beloved, perhaps you feel you were born in turmoil. Life has thrown a lot of junk at you. You’ve been sick, downtrodden, dismayed. It may feel like everything you do turns to nothing. Maybe you wonder why you were even born. But God Himself says to you today! You were born to love Me and let Me love you! You were born to worship Me in spirit and Truth! You were born because I ordained your life before the foundation of the world! Rejoice today that you were born and I will turn your mourning into dancing, I will redeem what has been taken from you, I will make you shine like the diamond stars in the sky. I AM your reason for living and if you will let Me, I will make all things new and give you a life that will be celebrated all the days of your life!

Psalm 16:11 You have made known to me the path of life – in Your presence there is fullness of joy; at Your right hand are pleasures forevermore.

Habakkuk 3:18 Yet I will rejoice in the LORD! I will be joyful in the God of my Salvation!

Philippians 4:4 Rejoice in the LORD always and again I say Rejoice!

Isaiah 61:10 I am overwhelmed with joy in the Lord my God for He has dressed me with the clothing of salvation and draped me in a robe of righteousness. I am like a bridegroom in his wedding suit or a bride with her jewels!

No comments: