Sunday, August 26, 2012

Ever Feel Like a Frayed Knot? You Don't Have To!

I am a craft show junkie. I don't ever buy a lot but I love to go through barn after barn on fairgrounds. The one in October at Hot Springs is one of the best. I spied one of those cute crafty things a couple of years ago and it made me chuckle. It was a piece of heavy multi colored cotton rope tied into a knot with the ends frayed.  The note attached to it said, “I’m a frayed knot!”   I find myself tied up in knots at times. Don’t you?   We don’t have to be, if we look to the Lord’s Words to us.  His message doesn’t tie us up, it frees us.  Instead of frayed knots, we have the other “nots”. You shall not want.  You are not ashamed. Not afraid. Not shaken. 

Oh beloved, next time you are tempted to get tied up in knots, rehearse the faithfulness, the tenderness, the mercy of God and remind yourself that with God, troubles are not a problem! He loves you and He’s with you always and He’ll always keep you in His care!

Psalm 16:8 I have set the LORD continually before me; Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken.

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my Shepherd. I shall not want.

Psalm 56:11 In God I have put my trust.

Romans 1:16 For I am not ashamed of this Good News about Christ. It is the power of God at work, saving everyone who believes—the Jew first and also the Gentile.

John 14:16 And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never leave you.

No comments: