Friday, August 24, 2012

He is the God Who will Meet all of Your Needs!



My mother was quite an overcomer. One of the times that things looked bleak she had peritonitis. She knew things were bad because she could see herself in a mirror in the hospital room. She recounted that her arms and legs were black. She remembers a doctor coming into her room and announcing to the nurse and whoever else was there, "She'll not make it."  She prayed often. She was mostly worried about her children and knew that she needed to get better for them.  During her time in the hospital, only one pastor ever visited her.  She didn't know him, but he was a faithful man who visited the sick. 

God answered my mother’s prayer and healed her body completely.  After she went home she went to the church of that pastor who visited and joined his church, because he had been there for her. 

Oh beloved, this is why I go to the Lord for all my needs. Because He is the One Who hears me when I call. He has visited me in my distress, He has taken me to new heights and He has restored my soul!  He is the only True and Faithful God. His promises are more numerous than the stars in the sky. And, He is always with me. He was with my ancestors and He will be with my descendants.  I know Him, so I go to Him. He has proven Himself to me over and over, so I Trust Him.  Today you can trust Him for everything. For your past, He promises forgiveness. For your present, He promises relief. For your future, He promises Heaven.  Won’t you try Him today?  He’s worthy of your praise, He’s mindful of your prayers and He loves you just the way you are! Not only that, His plans for you are fantastic. He won’t leave you in your present state! He is the Lord God Almighty and He is worthy of your Trust! He loves you and He’s for you and that’s all that really matters.

Psalm 50:15  “Then call on Me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give Me glory.”

Psalm 116:1 I love the LORD because He hears my voice and my prayer for mercy.

 Psalm 31:7  I will be glad and rejoice in Your unfailing love, for You have seen my troubles, and You care about the anguish of my soul.

Psalm 23:1  The LORD is my shepherd; I have all that I need.

Psalm 116:2  Because He bends down to listen, I will pray as long as I have breath!

No comments: