Sunday, August 05, 2012


We met in the entrance to the grocery store. It had been years since I’d seen her. We used to work together at a nearby public school. I was the study hall teacher, she was the art teacher. Guess you could say we were both bit of outsiders, not having grown up there nor gone to school there.  Our rooms were close by and we visited often during the day.  I left to go to work at another school and we never really crossed paths again. Until the grocery store. I thought it was her so I decided to say Hi.  We visited and traded facebook info (of course).  When I arrived home she had found me and asked to friend me. She also had an aha moment when she realized just who I was!

Have you been there? You think you know someone, you try from the recesses of your mind to draw the memories forward, but it’s vague.  You know you should know them, but just can’t put your finger on the why, the how, the where, the when.

Oh beloved, did you know that you are never forgotten by the Lord? You were known before the foundation of the world was laid, before the stars were hung in the sky, before the rivers ran through their courses? The One Who Created the universe and all that is in it loved you as well and planned a beautiful life just for you.  When you call upon Him, the Lord of Heaven and Earth, He isn’t puzzled nor does He have to wait a minute and try to recall. He knows your name. Not only does He know you but He has your days numbered! He also has a plan, a marvelous plan, all laid out for your life! What wondrous love is this? The One Who is Self-Existent wants you to be a part of His life? The One Who is Love, loves you with an Everlasting Love! Why don’t you run to Him this morning and read from His Design Book, written with you in mind and see.  Every good thing, every wonderful plan, every astounding promise is yours for the blessing. Because His nature is Love. Because He is the Author of your faith. He knows you, He loves you and He’s preparing a place for you. Live in the light of His Love today for that’s all that really matters!


Hebrews 12:2  fixing our eyes on Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith…

Luke 12:7  And the very hairs on your head are all numbered. So don’t be afraid; you are more valuable to God than a whole flock of sparrows.

Ephesians 1:4  just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him.

Jeremiah 31:3  Long ago the LORD said to Israel: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.

Psalm 139:13 For You formed my inward parts; You wove me in my mother’s womb.

Psalm 139:16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in your book.
Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

No comments: