Saturday, August 04, 2012

I'm Calling for Backup Lord!

As I was getting ready yesterday morning, I noticed a small rock sitting on my windowsill. I figured one of the grandchildren put it there. As I leaned closer to see just what kind of rock it was, I noticed a pair of eyes looking at me. It was no rock! It was a small tree frog. Now I’m not fond of frogs so I called for backup. My daughter came with a cup and proceeded to take that little interloper out of my bathroom and onto the deck outside. My eyes had deceived me. What I thought was true turned out to be a big mistake. I had to look very closely to see the true image.

We believers have problems at time when observing situations. We think we know what to do, where to go, how to respond. But often the fear of the interloper causes us to cry out in fear! We just want relief. The call for backup comes and the Lord Himself comes to our aid.

Oh beloved, are you having a hard time dealing with situations that are none of your doing? You just want it out of your life so that you can move freely and have liberty again. Perhaps it’s time to call for backup! The Lord Himself is with you, He goes before you into every situation and He is not only your relief but He’s your answer! Looks can be deceiving, but when we view things through His Eyes, by the Word of God, we can know how to react to anything that’s thrown our way. Call on him today, ask Him to let you see the situation through the Word of God. He’ll clear up your vision, come to your rescue and you and He together will dance with joy at the triumph over the interloper and the situation. He loves you and He takes great pleasure in being your rescuer!

Psalm 50:158 Then call on Me when you are in trouble, and I will rescue you, and you will give Me glory.”

Zechariah 13:98 I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure. I will refine them like silver and purify them like gold. They will call on My name, and I will answer them. I will say, ‘These are my people,’ and they will say, ‘The LORD is our God.’”

Psalm 31:22 In panic I cried out, “I am cut off from the LORD!” But You heard my cry for mercy and answered my call for help.

2 Peter 2:9 So you see, the Lord knows how to rescue godly people from their trials, even while keeping the wicked under punishment until the day of final judgment.

No comments: