Saturday, March 15, 2014

Change Your Perspective and Look to the Son


ImageAs I was driving to work yesterday morning I noticed the beautiful clouds, dark and light, that covered the horizon. The sun was obscured but I could see the white light of it behind one of the clouds. As I drove along I saw bits of blue sky here and there among the clouds. And as I got closer to work I saw a line of blue as though it was a window in the wall of clouds, having both dark and light clouds beneath and above it. It was beautiful. To think that we can see the shining sun and the breathtaking blue of the sky just beyond the clouds makes for a masterpiece of wonder.
God spoke to my heart: Life has many opportunities that look like storm clouds. They threaten, they obscure, they try to define you. The swirling of the winds within the clouds and the ominous potential will hold you captive if you allow them. Yes, storms come into everyone’s life. Cloudy days are part of living;  but as your focus changes your perspective changes as well.  Instead of looking intently at the storm you are in, look beyond the cloudiness and see Me. The blue sky and sun rays are a herald of My Spirit giving you hope for today and purpose for the future. No matter who put the clouds in your sky, precious one, I AM preparing for you sunny days and plenty of blue skies. If you will hold onto My truth, in spite of the weather, you will see it all work out.  I AM the Lord who heals you, gives you new purpose, fresh insight and new dreams and hopes. Today may be cloudy but My forecast for you is abundance of the Son.  You cannot see it now, but your day is clearing and your life is gaining strength to live in the Light of My Word.  I AM speaking My Word over your life and heart and mind right now. Run to My Word and see what I AM saying about you, about the situation and about your future. That is your truth – not the storms, not the clouds, not the obscurity  – but the sun and the blue sky of your outcome for My glory.
Oh beloved, I know things can be oh so hard. The feelings you have about the situation you are presently in are understandable. I’ve been there. I can say that there were times I knew the sun would never shine again and yet it has! I know because I experienced it and God’s Word says it. God wants you to know that not only will your days ahead clear up, you will be absolutely amazed at how good and precious those new days will be. He loves you. Not buddy love or goose bumps love, but real love – the kind that sent Christ to the Cross. Abiding, genuine, enduring and faithful love. God is also for you – this means that no matter what you are going through, no matter whose fault it is, no matter the tangled turmoil of clouds swirling above your head – He will see you through it all. He will carry you beyond it as well. Better days full of joy and love and peace are coming, beloved, they are just beyond the clouds. Don’t give up now. Don’t give in to despair. Don’t languish in the depths of sorrow. Let God’s Word lift you up, build you up and carry you over to the other side.
Rest in His faithfulness. Focus on His promises. Pray for His Truth to become your reality. Watch as He does what only He can do. Your stormy days are about to end and your cloudy view is being overcome by the Son.  Break forth into joy and write and record for yourself how you feel today, how it looks tomorrow and how He honors His Word in your life for the days to come. Yes, your life has changed. It is changing for the better because you are learning to abide in Truth and rest in God and live for Jesus and that’s all that really matters.
II Peter 1:5a In view of all this, make every effort to respond to God’s promises…
Psalm 36:5 Your unfailing love, O Lord, is as vast as the heavens; your faithfulness reaches beyond the clouds.
Psalm 143:11 For the glory of Your name, O Lord, preserve my life. Because of Your faithfulness, bring me out of this distress.
2 Corinthians 4:17 For our present troubles are small and won’t last very long. Yet they produce for us a glory that vastly outweighs them and will last forever!
Psalm 34:5 They looked to Him and were radiant, And their faces will never be ashamed. NAS

No comments: