Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Rest Assured


We get several bank statements at work. This month the one for my office was late arriving. I called the bank to see about it. I was told that because of the weather the mail had been delayed. She said rest assured, as she told me that ours would be there. Sure enough it did come in the next day’s mail. I need that statement to reconcile our checking. Without the information on the bank statement I wouldn’t be able to prove a thing and thus would not be able to report on it. I waited and was concerned but it came through in the end.
Rest assured.
God speaks to my heart: Rest assured in Me. I am all the assurance you need. And when you have assurance, when you know that you know, you will find rest in Me as well. In this world you will not find such promises and oaths. But in Me you are assured that what I have pledged I will do. While you may be looking for answers that haven’t arrived yet, you can rest in the fact that I AM with you, so keep you, to guide you and to reconcile you to Me. My love covers all and through it, you will find confidence, composure and calm assurance. There is no place else to wait except in My presence. Fretting and worrying and wondering and wringing your hands will do nothing. But resting in assurance for Me to deliver the answer is your place of ultimate safety. This is how you reconcile your life to Me – in waiting in faith and believing in Me no matter what it looks like, knowing that I will reconcile all things for you in Christ.
Oh beloved, have you been seeking God for His comfort? Are you wondering why God has not answered? Maybe you think that God is not going to answer at all. Just because the answer hasn’t made it all the way to you doesn’t mean God is not answering. Now is not the time to give up. Keep praying and keep holding onto God. Continue to trust in His Word for what He says He will surely do. He knows how hard it is to rest assured in all things, but you are destined to be confident in Him and you are ordained to rely on His Word. Remember that you are not stuck in the situation, but you are on the way to glory. Even when waiting, you are learning to lean on Him more and more. The enemy of your soul wants you to believe God will not come through, so that you will weaken and feel doomed. But God’s Word is your only Truth to rely on. It transcends what the mind and body feel. It permeates your soul and awakens your spirit as you live in the light of His Word.
God loves you and He’s for you. This is your rest as you reassure your heart and mind that God will always give His answer and it will always be right on time.
Romans 4:21 and being fully assured that what God had promised, He was able also to perform.
Psalm 91:1-2 Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him. NLT
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. NLT
Psalm 130:5 I am counting on the Lord; yes, I am counting on Him. I have put my hope in His word. NLT

No comments: