Monday, March 17, 2014

Weather Predictions May Fail but God's Word Stands


I woke up in the night and as usual I looked out to see how my area of the world was faring. To my surprise and delight I found it was snowing! My surprise was because this is a very late snow. It hasn’t snowed in Arkansas this late in decades. My delight was not because it’s snowing. To be truthful I am totally done with winter and ready to have a springtime that sticks around a while. But yesterday we had a comparison of sorts about the different weather predictions. I was quoting NOAA and another family member was quoting a different weather channel. I felt foolish and a little ridiculous, especially if it didn’t snow at all. I secretly hoped it would snow just a little to prove NOAA was right.

God speaks to my heart: The Word of God is no weather prediction center. It is the way, the truth and the life. It’s all encompassing, ever faithful, right on time. You can count on My Word to deliver for its intended purpose. I AM so wrapped into My Word that the breathing out of it over My world is essential for life and breath of all creation. Not one snowflake floats to the ground that I am unaware of. Not one storm, not one gale, not one flood. It is I the Lord who has made all this and I the Lord will see you through everything, whether the weather is favorable or fearful. My Word and My love are totally connected so that you can trust Me. My Word is My bond. If you need to know what to do in any circumstance of life don’t wish for it. Read My Word and rely on it with your whole heart, mind and soul. This is how you find strength to stand the weather of today and hope to face the future of unstable conditions. You may not be able to count on another thing but you can count on My Word.

Oh beloved, as you are waking up this morning, you may be facing the most insecure times of your life. The weather of your heart may make you want to stay in the bed and you may wish to refuse to greet the day. Don’t languish another moment in fear and dread. Get up, read up and stand up on the Word of God. Align yourself with His Truth. Ask Him if there’s any area that may have a gap between His Truth and your living and let Him teach you how to close that gap. He loves you and you can count on His mercy and grace as you learn to live according to His Word. He will guide you into all Truth for the Holy Spirit of God Himself dwells in believers to give them all they need for living a godly life. Trust His Word today. As sure as the snow is falling, the Word of God is True. It’s the only truth you can trust. God is for you and as you learn to live in the light of His Word you will find yourself in capable hands always, no matter what the weather may predict, no matter what Wall Street says and no matter who is in charge of the Government.

Jesus is Lord over all the Earth and you can count on His Word forever. Recite it daily, refer to it for everything, post it in your home, on your dashboard and bring those Words of life into your heart and mind and soul and live loved, cared for and protected all the days of your life.

Isaiah 40:8 The grass withers, the flower fades, But the word of our God stands forever.

Psalm 125:1 Those who trust in the LORD are as Mount Zion, which cannot be moved but abides forever.

Isaiah 45:19 I publicly proclaim bold promises. I do not whisper obscurities in some dark corner. I would not have told the people of Israel to seek me if I could not be found. I, the LORD, speak only what is true and declare only what is right. NLT

Psalm 19:7-11 The law of the Lord is perfect, restoring the soul; The testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple. The precepts of the Lord are right, rejoicing the heart; The commandment of the Lord is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of the Lord is clean, enduring forever; The judgments of the Lord are true; they are righteous altogether. They are more desirable than gold, yes, than much fine gold; Sweeter also than honey and the drippings of the honeycomb. Moreover, by them Your servant is warned; In keeping them there is great reward.

No comments: