Thursday, March 06, 2014

God Wants to Speak Into Your Life



We were playing with grandkids last night and turned on a little praise music. They started dancing and having a blessed time. Our 6 year old was really into it. In a few minutes he came up to me and said, “This is where, if I was at church, I would pray”. So precious. I told him that we can pray anywhere, anytime. He looked at me and then danced off to the stairway where he knelt on the stairs. I could see him out of the corner of my eye. In a moment, he danced by and said, “I prayed”. I know he was emulating things he’d seen at church and there’s nothing wrong with that. He’s so intuitive.

Aren’t we like that at times? We think we have to be in church to do spiritual things. We save prayer for the service. We find ourselves preoccupied with life during the week We get busy and we just forget. Sunday comes around. Just as when my own children were little and we had to spend many Sunday mornings finding the Sunday shoes, we get busy finding our way to God. The problem is He’s been with us all the time. I wonder, does He walk around hoping we’ll notice Him like our kids and grandkids do us when we get sidetracked?

God speaks to my heart: Precious one, my name is I AM and I am with you right now. I have observed your life and am intimately acquainted with all your plans, your distractions, your hopes, your fears and your joys and tears. I am a present tense God – you don’t have to wait to talk to Me or praise Me or give Me your heart. That still small voice you have been hearing is Me. I am always calling to you to rest in My promises, delight in My precepts and hem your day in Me. I know things can be hard and juggling all that you do makes for busy days and late nights. But I AM. If you will give Me time right now, I will multiply your time for you so that you can prioritize the things that must get done and leave behind the things that don’t need attention. I created light and dark, time and space, so I AM able to manage everything in the universe and beyond. I AM able to help you through it all. When you wait to visit with Me until Sunday you simply rob yourself of the best. Bring Me your troubles today and by Sunday I will lift your spirits so that you can praise Me and live for Me every day of the week.

Oh beloved, Jesus loves you! He not only gave His life for you, He is making intercession – praying for you – always – at the Father’s throne in heaven. There is much you need to know about life – about your life – and there is much He needs to hear from you. This wondrous love that God has for you in Christ is enough to give Him charge over every single day, over your day to day life. Time spent with God divides sorrows and multiplies blessings. There is nothing too small to ask Him for help. There is nothing too big that He cannot move. He gives rest to you when you are weary and faith to you when you are unsure of decisions that must be made. His ways are best. Today is your best day to seek His face, read His Word and live in the light of His glory and grace.

This love God has for you is like no other. His care for you is beyond belief. Go ahead and share your life with Him. Give Him your day today and talk to Him about everything. You’ll be amazed at how your burdens will lighten and your day will go better. His plans for your life include Him and it begins today and you can rejoice in Him always!

Romans 8:34 who is the one who condemns? Christ Jesus is He who died, yes, rather who was raised, who is at the right hand of God, who also intercedes for us.

Isaiah 25:1 O Lord, You are my God; I will exalt You, I will give thanks to Your name; For You have worked wonders, Plans formed long ago, with perfect faithfulness.

Psalm 63:1 O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.

Psalm 34:15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry.

Matthew 6:32-33 These things dominate the thoughts of unbelievers, but your heavenly Father already knows all your needs. Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and He will give you everything you need. NLT

Psalm 63:6-8 When I remember You on my bed, I meditate on You in the night watches, For You have been my help, And in the shadow of Your wings I sing for joy. My soul clings to You; Your right hand upholds me.

No comments: