Friday, March 14, 2014

Have You Researched Your Faith Ancestry?

Image
I think if I had the time I would certainly be a genealogy buff. Because my father was so much older than me I don’t have a lot of information about his family. I’m the youngest child of all his family and all of his ancestors are long gone. As I was searching for information about my grandparents’ marriage I discovered something I didn’t know about my Aunt Paralee’s daughter June. She was a much loved niece and cousin who died in early adulthood leaving behind 3 young children not much younger than me. Anyway, I found that her first name was Helen. That was my mother’s and my sister’s first name. I had no idea that June was a Helen. For a moment I got choked up because I thought mother would like to know that. 
Although genealogy is fun to see where our roots come from, if we live in the past we may just feel sentimental and teary eyed. As believers our roots are now founded in Christ. Family roots are interesting and we all love our ancestors and want to know more about them. But my main focus as a believer is now the ancestry of the faith. My Father in Heaven knows my genealogy well. Even if there were to prove some bad blood in the line, I am secure in the Blood of Christ that has cleansed me from all sin.
God speaks to my heart: It’s okay to take a sentimental journey, but I AM not there. I AM in the present, leading, guiding and directing those who will allow Me to. If you live in the past and concentrate on its memories I will let you. But I AM going forward. Isn’t it time to quit spending all your time reliving things you cannot do anything about? Whether it’s your ancestors or your sins, your problems or your fears, those are covered by Me. You are destined to live a life full and blessed as you move forward with Me. I have called you and that calling may require you to lay aside some things that have been holding you back. It does not matter what the past looks like or what your ancestral tree contains. What matters is that My Spirit is within you to work and accomplish My will through you. 
Oh beloved, God wants you to know who you are in Christ and how you are perceived by the Lord. When you know who you are, then you know how you are supposed to live. You destiny has nothing to do with your past regardless of how wonderful or how awful it might have been. Your destiny is wrapped completely in Christ. Let Him take care of today just as He cared for your past. You are a mighty invincible sword of the spirit wielding believer who is going to triumph in all your ways because God has put this in your Blood Bought line of faith. Stop reliving the past and begin looking for opportunities to go forward. No one can stop God’s plan for you, not past mistakes of any kind nor past encounters with those who would like to stop your flow of grace and honor from God. Your life is hid in Christ and it is He who will propel you on to the days of destiny you will walk in.
God loves you and He’s for you. The king of Heaven has called you into His presence. You are chosen, you are covered, you are going forward. Your heavenly genealogy is your strength and your Savior is your guide.
I Thessalonians 5:8 But let us who live in the light be clearheaded, protected by the armor of faith and love, and wearing as our helmet the confidence of our salvation.
Proverbs 31:25 She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.
Philippians 1:6 And I am certain that God, who began the good work within you, will continue His work until it is finally finished on the day when Christ Jesus returns.
Psalm 138:8 The Lord will work out His plans for my life— for Your faithful love, O Lord, endures forever. Don’t abandon me, for You made me.
Hebrews 10:23 Let us hold tightly without wavering to the hope we affirm, for God can be trusted to keep His promise.

No comments: