Wednesday, March 05, 2014

Who's Writing Your Love Story?

“Looking at him, she saw her future and felt all the ragged tears in her heart heal themselves. “I fit,” she whispered in marvel, stepping closer to him. “I fit with you.” He nodded and wrapped his arms around her. “Perfectly.”
While looking around Pinterest one day I found the sentences above in an artistic quote.
I assume it is from a love story. But it struck me as being so true for us as believers who come to Christ. 
We are a people with issues. We have huge holes torn into our hearts by life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We are always on the lookout for people to love us. We look for acceptance and camaraderie. We are on the hunt, hoping this next boyfriend or girlfriend will fulfill us. We look for the friend that will stay with us through the long haul. We hope that someone will come alongside us in our walk of faith that will meet our longing to love and be loved. We get disappointed in the search because nobody can meet those high expectations. 
God speaks to my heart: Look to Me. I am your future. I will heal all the tears in your heart as you find your completeness in Me. Step into My love, accept My forgiveness and new life. You will find that you fit perfectly in Christ like you have never fit anywhere else. I long to wrap My arms around you and teach you of Myself, so that you will know that I am perfect for you. I love you with an everlasting love. I will watch over you, guide you, direct you and keep you safe all the days of your life. Just stay close to Me and let Me mold you and make you into a person of faith, courageous and victorious because you walk with Me. Other loves will grow cold or disappoint from time to time, but I am the One that your soul loves. I am the only way to find complete contentment, joy and peace. There is no other who can give you this. Wrapped in My love you will find yourself able to forgive offenses and hold others loosely in your life. I will also make other loves sweeter because you find the ultimate source of all your needs in Me. 
Oh beloved, have you been reading love stories and are you looking for love to find you? You may be wishing on fairy tales and romances, but God is speaking to your heart. He loves you because His essence and being are love. He cares about every issue in your life and everything that you are concerned about He is concerned as well. While you are searching for answers, He IS the answer. He cannot make others meet your needs, and they are not meant to meet them all. But He will meet all your needs just as He promises in His Word. He will meet your needs and more. He will give you a new heart. He will give you a new life. He will make the old things that tore you up and left you bleeding on the ground heal completely. You may have issues with others who didn’t love you with real love, but God is here to mend your broken heart and make all things new. Let Him lead you into a deeper walk of faith. Let Him teach you how to live in the light of His love. Let Him be your all in all and other things, other people, other situations will fall right into place. 
No wonder they call Him the Savior! He’s with you and He’s for you as His love envelopes your entire life. You are destined to walk in Him and fulfill all the wondrous things He has for you as you seek Him first. Get out His beautiful love story every day and read from its pages for the Bible contains the greatest love story ever written – just for you as you look to Jesus, the Author and Finisher of your faith for He alone is faithful to the end.
I Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, through whom you were called into fellowship with His Son, Jesus Christ our Lord.
Isaiah 43:21 The people whom I formed for Myself will declare My praise.
Matthew 11:28 Then Jesus said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest.
Jeremiah 31:3 Long ago the Lord said to Israel: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to Myself.”
Psalm 62:5 Let all that I am wait quietly before God, for my hope is in Him.

No comments: