Saturday, March 29, 2014

May You Walk in More Light

May You Walk in More Light
Image
We had another houseful of grandchildren this week. It’s always fun and chaotic. As I went downstairs before daylight, I noticed that the grandsons, who were sleeping on pallets, had turned all the lights off but the one small light over my keyboard at the computer. It was dark everywhere but there. I made my way to the desk and began to type. Soon I had to run back upstairs to get something. As I left the computer area I realized it was much darker just a few steps away. I could hardly see the four steps to the upper area of our home. I also noticed that when I was going back downstairs, headed toward the light of the computer area I could see much better, even the steps had light on them.
God spoke to my heart: When you are in the light you have enough to see clearly for where you are. But when you walk away from the light you will find it even harder to see. Only in coming toward the light can you have your steps illuminated. I AM the Light of the whole world. And you are My child, so you are an inheritor of the Light. Always keep close to Me. Walk towards Me, grow in Me, brighten your life in My illumination. Every time you step away from My Light, things will only grow darker. Your circumstances of disaster, discouragement, and ultimately disbelief have to flee in the light. The enemy of your soul wants you to believe that I AM not enough, that I AM not the way, and that I AM not able to give you light for the present time. He is a liar and the Father of all lies. Yes, you may be experiencing problems that look impossible, but don’t walk away from Me now. Yes, you may have been left alone, cast out or forsaken by someone you trusted, but I will never leave you to grope in the dark for comfort. I AM your comfort. My light dispels all darkness.  Your perception of your gloom will only change as you look at Me. My light is always present. I will make the darkness light before you as you come closer to Me.
Oh beloved, are you walking in fear, disbelief or worry? Are you living in the dark? It’s time to turn around and walk in the light! Your view will clear up and your heart will strengthen as you determine to believe God in spite of whatever is going on. His plans for you are outrageously wonderful. A life lived for Christ is blessed with every spiritual blessing – not one is kept from you. Quit stumbling and quit mumbling and start praising Him. Things may “look” dark but He is always lighting your way for He is the Light. He will dispel the darkness and His light cannot be extinguished. Turn around and look for His light is beckoning you to come back to Him.
God loves you and He is surely for you so you can trust His light to dispel any misconceptions, miscommunication or misinformation as you live in the Light of His Word. He sheds His Light on everything so you can see clearly and walk fearlessly.
Colossians 1:12  always thanking the Father. He has enabled you to share in the inheritance that belongs to His people, who live in the light.
Psalm 112:4 Light arises in the darkness for the upright, gracious, compassionate, and just [who are in right standing with God] Amplified
I John 1:5  This is the message we heard from Jesus and now declare to you: God is light, and there is no darkness in Him at all.
Psalm 119:105 Your Word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path.
John 8:12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I am the Light of the world. If you follow Me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the Light that leads to life.”

No comments: