Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Today is a Day of Promotion

Today is a Day of Promotion

Image
As a writer, I have joined several Christian author sites. They have lots of information on promoting books, from the how to get published to the how to pound the pavement to sell. There are book marketing strategies shared everywhere. There are sites that will also tell you for X amount of dollars your book will be seen everywhere. All the information gets a little overwhelming. There is one site that prays for its members daily. I have thoroughly enjoyed that site and have made some new friendships through it. All in all I find promotion to be a hard thing to do. So for the most part I’ve just let the words in the devotional book promote themselves. At any rate, books, especially fiction, must be promoted and it requires time, finances and effort. If you are willing to promote your work, the book will sell. 
Even as believers, we seek to be promoted. We often look for ways to be seen, how to move up the ladder and the best way to win friends and influence people. It’s the nature of the beast of humanity to want to be seen, acknowledged and believed in. But when we stop and pray, look to God, and let Him do the leading, we find real peace. Instead of climbing the “corporate” ladder, we spend more time kneeling on the carpet of faith and God moves. Instead of following a set of guidelines, we follow the Lord and He leads. Instead of self-promotion, we seek to glorify the Lord and He works all together for our good. 
God speaks to my heart: Today is a day of promotion. I AM promoting you. But this is like no other promotion you’ve ever known. I am promoting you from mundane to magnificent. From ordinary to extraordinary. From self-motivation to Spirit-inspiration. That feeling you have that you are being taken out of situations you always relied on is Holy Spirit orchestrated. The uncomfortable, unsettled, untracked road you find yourself on is taking you out of your ordinary self-promoted ways to My ways. You are going to learn that you can do all things – but they will be done through Christ who strengthens you. You will no longer lean on your own understanding or rely on your flesh, because the flesh profits nothing in My Kingdom. Instead of weeping over weaknesses and losses, you will go out with joy and be led forth with peace. All the weakness you feel in your flesh will be replaced by My Spirit, which will guide you, strengthen you and give you real purpose. If you will let Me, I will take you beyond the worldly circumstances, both good and bad and create in you a clean heart and a right spirit. You were made for Me, you were made to show forth my glory. I am bringing you closer to Me and you will become more Christlike as the world’s plans just fall away. You are Mine and I paid the ultimate price for you so glorify Me in your life and I will give you honor at the right time. Promotion to Kingdom living is the most wonderful promotion a believer will ever have.
Oh beloved, are you losing your grasp over one thing and another? Have you been lamenting the losses? Rejoice! Have you been worried that you won’t be seen, you won’t be heard, you won’t be loved or cared for? Our God is going to promote you to the most intimate position of fellowship with Him. As you lean more and more on Him, other things will fall by the wayside. But Christ in you will increase as you decrease. What a promotion! What a divine lifestyle! How great is our God to help you see the things of this world grow strangely dim in the Light of His glory and grace! Yes, you will still make a living, but now you are making a life in Christ. Yes, you will have relationships again and fellowship and purpose. But the purpose of promotion is to get you to the place where you can hear Me clearly, allow Me to mold you into My servant and give you a brand new life full of wonder and joy in Me alone.
God loves you and He’s for you. Don’t despair over things that are no longer in your grasp. Rejoice in the Lord and let Him have His way. God’s ultimate goal is to promote Christ in you so that you no longer live but Christ lives in you. This is real Kingdom living, promoted by the Lord Himself to live a life of love, joy, peace and more as you live in the Light of His Word and live totally dependent on Him. 
I Peter 2:9 But you are A CHOSEN RACE, A royal PRIESTHOOD, A HOLY NATION, A PEOPLE FOR God’s OWN POSSESSION, so that you may proclaim the excellencies of Him who has called you out of darkness into His marvelous light.
Galatians 2:20 I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself up for me.
Isaiah 43:21 The people whom I formed for Myself will declare My praise.
Psalm 9:1 I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all Your wonders.

No comments: