Saturday, November 17, 2012

Feeling Alone? Run to El Roi - The God Who Sees You


Dogs have always been a big part of my life. Although we don’t have one anymore, Danny and I both grew up with them.  One of my favorite dogs actually belonged to my aunt and uncle. His name was Tyke and he was a hound dog.  Tyke and I became buddies when I was very little.  When we were visiting, that dog would follow me everywhere. When I started to wander too far from the house, he’d nudge me back to safety.  He watched over me.  What an amazing dog he was. Just to look at him you’d never know how talented and smart he was.  He was just a plain dark brown dog to the average eye. But I experienced the quality of animal he was personally, so I can tell you he was some awesome pet.  I loved that dog.  As I recall fun days at my aunt’s home I always see Tyke in the picture with me.  What a great feeling it is to remember that such a special dog watched over me so well.  He was loved and appreciated by our entire family.

Not everyone gets to experience such a dog in their lives. I know some of you never experienced such loving care growing up from the adults in your life either.  Maybe you feel that your life was always a mess and you were always getting into trouble, but no one was there to help you. You may feel that you were left alone to get yourself out of tight spots with nobody watching over you. You may even feel that you were forced to wander in the woods of life where no one ever sought you or protected you.   Even as an adult you may feel that no one has been there to guide you and shield you as you roam through so many situations.

Oh beloved, look in the mirror today and see! You are alive, you are here and you have been kept for such a time as this! God was with you, even when you could not see Him! He has kept you safe thus far and will keep you safe all the way to heaven! Yes, there were hard times, but you survived because God ordained it so! Not only did you survive, you are an overcomer! Even before you knew and acknowledged God as Lord, He knew you! And because He knows you, He’s intimately acquainted with you! He says to you this morning, If you know Me you will trust Me, for IAM your maker, I AM your keeper, I AM the one who has called you out of darkness into My marvelous light! I want you to know Me better and better so that you will learn to trust Me more and more. I love you with an everlasting love, born out of My nature and I AM for you always!

Give Him your heart today! If you’ve never given your heart fully to Him, then today is your day. It’s the day that God has called you to Himself. Once you have experienced Him personally, nothing will ever be the same.  If you are His, then today is the day to refresh your memory of His loving and generous guidance and care! Run to His Word and read more about Him – His nature, His knowledge and His love!  He was with you then, He is with you now and His love will carry you all the days of your life! Now that’s worth a Hallelujah to the King!

Genesis 16:13 (NAS) Then she (Hagar) called the name of the Lord who spoke to her, “(El Roi) You are a God who sees”; for she said, “Have I even remained alive here after seeing Him?”

Psalm 30:3 You brought me up from the grave, O LORD. You kept me from falling into the pit of death.

Psalm 33:13-15 The Lord looks down from heaven and sees the whole human race. From His throne He observes all who live on the earth.  He made their hearts, so He understands everything they do.

Psalm 139:16 You saw me before I was born. Every day of my life was recorded in Your book. Every moment was laid out before a single day had passed.

Deuteronomy 1:31  And you saw how the LORD your God cared for you all along the way as you traveled through the wilderness, just as a father cares for his child. Now He has brought you to this place.

Exodus 23:20 See, I am sending an angel before you to protect you on your journey and lead you safely to the place I have prepared for you.

Psalm 23:4 Even when I walk through the darkest valley, I will not be afraid, for You are close beside me.

No comments: