Thursday, November 01, 2012

Discouraged? Saturate Your Life with the Word




While I love to have my teeth cleaned and feel the smooth polished surfaces, I do not like more invasive effects.  But it was time to have some things taken care of. So I went to a wonderful local Christian dentist who we’ve known for quite a few years. He’s kind, generous and fun to be around! Nevertheless, needles and all that aren’t my favorite. The doc numbed my mouth and left me to get completely ready. I even had a color tv and remote control at my disposal.  After a few minutes, he came in with his assistant, another friend, and began to work. He had told me if I felt anything to speak up.  In fact I did feel something and he quickly saturated my mouth with more medication.  Before long the procedure was over and I could get out of the chair and go home. I was thankful once again for relief. I had not realized how much it was hurting until it was fixed.  I had evidently been dealing with it on an ongoing basis. I gave thanks to the Lord again for the relief.

Oh beloved, is there something giving you agony? Have you held it in so long that you have forgotten what genuine relief is like? Perhaps you have thought it was normal to be in pain, have misery or deal with the ache of a broken heart.

Run to the Lord this morning and let Him saturate you with His Word! It permeates every area of your life – from your mind to your body to your spirit – until all you feel is the joy of His presence! Let Him show you all the promises that are meant to cure broken hearts or broken spirits! He loves you extravagantly! He watches over you continually! Truly He is the Great Physician Who will touch you and make you whole again!

Psalm 34:18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted; He rescues those whose spirits are crushed.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.

Psalm 46:1 God is our refuge and strength, always ready to help in times of trouble.

Psalm 107:20 He sends forth His word and heals them and rescues them from the pit and destruction. (AMP)

Psalm 42:5,6 Why am I discouraged? Why is my heart so sad? I will put my hope in God! I will praise Him again— my Savior and my God.

Psalm 42:8 But each day the Lord pours His unfailing love upon me, and through each night I sing His songs, praying to God who gives me life.

Psalm 103:5 Who satisfies your mouth [your necessity and desire at your personal age and situation] with good so that your youth, renewed, is like the eagle’s [strong, overcoming, soaring]!  AMP

No comments: