Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Listen! God Hears and He Answers You! Trust Him.


As our oldest granddaughter and I went to pick up chicken the other night, I received a phone call/prayer request. Talking with my friend on the other line, I finally just pulled into the parking lot of the restaurant and sat there a few minutes. As we finished our phone conversation  I prayed for my friend.  When we were through, I hung up the phone and prepared to move into the drive through to retrieve our supper.  My granddaughter began, “I have two problems with your prayer…” I said, okay, what’s up? She responded, “You said tah-morrah (instead of tomorrow) and you used the word folks. Who says folks?” I laughed as I asked her if she was a prayer “critiquer”. She laughed too! She said, no that it was just funny to hear the way I talked. We both laughed as I said that I was thankful that although we might speak in dialects that someone else might not understand or might think is funny, God hears and understands every word we speak to Him even the different common terms and enunciations throughout the world.  She agreed and off we went with our chicken back to the house full of family.

I don’t know about you but I have prayers that really need an answer. My friend on the other end of the line that night really needed an answer. People throughout the world need an answer. Whether they are foreign speaking maids, international dignitaries, northern farmers or southern wage earners, everyone is hoping and praying for answers. We might not all have the right jargon, the right posture, the right inflections but God hears us all. His desire is not that we come to Him “correctly” but that we come to Him!  He hears the heart, adjusts the desires and soothes the pulse of all who talk to Him.  He knows the desperate cries of the deepest hurts, desires, hopes and more. We are most fortunate that we don’t have to bow a certain number of times, walk backwards, be in fear or reprimand or worse…we just have to ask.

Oh beloved, if you’re like me, you have deep, deep concerns that only a Savior can understand. You may have been put on the chopping block of someone you love, the cinder block of he refiner’s fire or the cold hearth of the rejector’s rebuke. But God hears. He speaks to you and to me this morning and He says, “Are you going to trust Me? Are you going to let Me work this all out? Are you going to give your loved one, your trouble, your situation to Me so that I can do what only I can do? I AM trustworthy, faithful and true. What I said I can do I will do. Just lay it all before Me, turn completely loose of it and watch as I make it all work together for your good and My glory. I love you, I love to lavish My Answers on you because you are Mine. You may have to go through things that are unjust, unfair, unwarranted and unimaginable, but together we will be more than conquerors. Watch in peace and rest in My promises as I unfold the real story, answer the true prayers and give you more than your wildest imaginations can comprehend. I love you and I AM on your side – what else do you need to know?

Isaiah 59:1  Listen! The LORD’s arm is not too weak to save you, nor is His ear too deaf to hear you call.

Psalm 91:15  When they call on Me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them.

Psalm 4:3  You can be sure of this: The LORD set apart the godly for Himself. The LORD will answer when I call to Him.

Psalm 62:8  O my people, trust in Him at all times. Pour out your heart to Him, for God is our refuge. Selah

Jeremiah 32:17 O Sovereign Lord! You made the heavens and earth by your strong hand and powerful arm. Nothing is too hard for you!

Isaiah 65:24  It will also come to pass that before they call, I will answer; and while they are still speaking, I will hear.

Zechariah 13:9  “And I will bring the third part through the fire, Refine them as silver is refined, And test them as gold is tested. They will call on My name, And I will answer them; I will say, ‘They are My people,’ And they will say, ‘The LORD is my God.’”

Genesis 22:14 Abraham named the place Yahweh-Yireh (which means “the Lord will provide”). To this day, people still use that name as a proverb: “On the mountain of the Lord it will be provided.”

No comments: