Tuesday, November 27, 2012

He says to you and me "I AM your Rest and Peace"


I find that I am losing ground daily. Once I had a huge realm. All that my eye could see was mine, mine, mine. My husband was mine. My family was mine. My home was mine. My land was mine. My job, my hobbies, my habits, my future and more. All mine. I was a very influential woman as the scope of my realm was huge! Slowly but slowly I’ve been losing ground. First I lost my rights. Then I lost my desires. I found, through a series of events, better known as life, that even my family no longer belonged to me.  Now I have very little to call mine. Some of it I lost the hard way – by hanging on too tightly. Other personal effects I lost by realization.  The more I tried to keep things under control, the more bound I was to it. Like owning the cell of the prison you’re captive of.  

Now that I own nothing I find that there is complete freedom. Now that I have lost myself I find that I am a rich woman indeed. I have found and am still finding out that loss of everything means gain of the best. I have no realm, not even myself. It all belongs to another.  It is his to do whatever he wants to with. I cannot control one person, one thing or one idea. But as I relinquish my realm more and more to the One Who is worthy I find that peace, love, joy and overcoming victory are totally mine. I have exchanged my crown for the olive wreath and it fits so much better. I have exchanged my pack of possessions for a yoke and it is soothing and reassuring.

Perhaps you have tried to control problems, personalities, and things. Maybe you just want peace in your home and joy in your entire family. You’ve tried and tried. You’ve prayed, begged, insisted and soothed, but still the other subjects of the land are determined to do their own thing. Maybe you were charged by lions and you saw no helper near you to come to your aid. You must find rest from the toil and a soft pillow for your weary head.

Oh beloved, run to the Lord! Bury your face in all that He is! He calls out in loving, soothing words – “Everything, I mean everything in all creation is Mine, including you, all of your loved ones and all of your heart’s desires. In all the expanse of heaven and earth there is nothing I cannot take care of. I AM the Lord and there is no other. I AM your rest and your peace. Relax your hold on other things and take hold of Me and My Promises which follow after all who trust Me. I have all your hurts and hopes and desires in My hand. I AM going to take you with Me all the days of your life. Keep seeking Me and My favor, keep relinquishing your control of both the hard things and the good and rest, just rest in Me.  I love you and I’m for you. Is there anything else you really need?”

Daniel 4:34 After this time had passed, I, Nebuchadnezzar, looked up to heaven. My sanity returned, and I praised and worshiped the Most High and honored the One who lives forever. His rule is everlasting, and His kingdom is eternal.

John 18:36  Jesus answered, “My Kingdom is not an earthly kingdom. If it were, my followers would fight to keep Me from being handed over to the Jewish leaders. But my Kingdom is not of this world.”

Isaiah 30:15  This is what the Sovereign LORD, the Holy One of Israel, says: “Only in returning to Me and resting in Me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength…”

Lamentations 3:24  I say to myself, “The LORD is my inheritance; therefore, I will hope in Him!”

Matthew 11:29  Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls.

Psalm 56:9  My enemies will retreat when I call to You for help. This I know: God is on my side!

Deuteronomy 3:24  ‘O Sovereign LORD, You have only begun to show Your greatness and the strength of Your hand to me, your servant. Is there any god in heaven or on earth who can perform such great and mighty deeds as You do?

No comments: