Monday, November 19, 2012

God is Love and He Loves You!

When I met Danny in person the first time I was incredibly shy but I knew, I just knew that here was the opportunity to soar higher than I would ever fly on my own, to go farther out on a limb than I’d dare to alone, that with him there would be more cymbals clanging and ocean waves crashing! Was I scared? A little. But suddenly my heart said, this is your chance, this is your moment, this is your man.  He was daring, I was shy. He was a traveler, I’d never gone anywhere without my family. He was different; I didn’t want to stand out. He was cool, I was not.  He was handsome and I felt beautiful with him. He had the most magnificent hands I’d ever seen, strong as an ox. I’ve never wanted to let go of those hands, ever.

When I met Jesus, it was the same. I wasn’t sure where I was going, I didn’t know much about Him, but I just knew that it would be good because He would always be with me.  All the issues of life that we carry around with us, the heavy backpack of stuff just lifted off my shoulders and He wrapped His loving arms around me.  Oh I needed some work, but He never let me feel that way. Occasionally I would succumb to lies of worthlessness, uselessness, ugliness, but He always lifted me out of my pain and agony, even when self-inflicted.  He is the beauty in me, He is the peace in my heart, He is the voice in my throat and the words in my mind. As God scooped me up and held me in His hands, I knew, beyond the shadow of a doubt that this was love! Real love! True love! Perfect love!

I thank my precious, beloved husband today for asking me out on this day 40 years ago. I thank him for saying I Do and never reneging.  I thank him for helping me, encouraging me, forgiving me and going on with me. We didn’t know much about each other when we first got married, but the more we know each other, the more we love each other and the more we trust and value each other. 

This is how our walk with the Lord is -It’s the same with Jesus – the more I know Him the more I trust Him. The more I trust Him the more I am willing to live a life of excitement and daring as together we go out on a limb and He produces His fruit in me.

Oh beloved, you may be sitting here this morning saying to yourself that you are unworthy, unlovely, of no value and totally useless. You may have been discarded by someone you love dearly. It does happen. But the Lord says to you this morning, I AM your King, I AM your Provider. I will never walk away from you. I will never concentrate on your faults or issues. I AM going to show you that I love you and the more you realize My great love for you, the more your faults and issues will fall to the wayside. Let Me love you, walk beside you and guide you.  My plans for your life are beyond your wildest imaginations and they are all good for I AM love and you are loved!

Run to the King this morning – you have complete and total access to Him! He will always welcome you into His presence and He’s always rejoicing to see you – for He loves you and He’s for you and that, beloved, is all you will ever need!

Jeremiah 31:3 Long ago the Lord said to Israel: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.
With unfailing love I have drawn you to Myself.

Isaiah 63:9  In all their affliction He was afflicted, And the angel of His presence saved them; In His love and in His mercy He redeemed them, And He lifted them and carried them all the days of old.

Zephaniah 3:17 The LORD your God is in your midst, A victorious warrior. He will exult over you with joy, He will be quiet in His love, He will rejoice over you with shouts of joy.

Titus 3:4-5 But when the kindness of God our Savior and His love for mankind appeared,  He saved us, not on the basis of deeds which we have done in righteousness, but according to His mercy, by the washing of regeneration and renewing by the Holy Spirit.

John 15:9  Just as the Father has loved Me, I have also loved you; abide in My love.

Psalm 16:11  You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

No comments: