Monday, November 05, 2012

Shaky Ground? Run to the Solid Rock!

House Hunters International is one of my favorite shows. It’s almost like watching a travel show, seeing the beauty of other places across the globe. Things are not all the same when it comes to kitchens and bathrooms. American homes are pretty lavish in regards to the size and style of rooms.  It also amazes me that people have a budget for home buying that would make me able to retire comfortably for the rest of my life.  While I love the views and seeing inside homes, when it comes to balconies I have a hard time watching as home searcher and realtor step out to stand so near a sheer drop! 

Houses and apartments built in other centuries certainly must be less than steady! And the view from the high rises in some countries is literally breath taking.  I find myself holding my breath as I watch them lean over and look around! I always want to make sure wherever I am standing is firm and stable. I want solid ground beneath me. I do not feel safe unless I am sure of the platform holding me up.

Sticky situations and difficult days can be like standing on shaky ground.  We find ourselves sick to our stomach or reaching for something to hold onto while our world spins out of control. Often the view is horrendous and we want to step back to where we last felt secure. Often though, security is nowhere to be found.

Oh beloved, are you burdened by the sights in your life? Are you seeking for solace where none can be found? Do you feel as though your life has left you out on a balcony that’s rusted and weakened? Are you, like countless people across this land, wondering where the foundations of our faith have gone? Are you sinking in the sand of regret, fear and sorrow? Perhaps you are at a time of decision and you wonder which House you are going to abide in – the house of flesh or the house of faith? It’s time to turn to the One Solid Foundation left in this world!

Run to the Lord this morning and let Him be your sure foundation!  Let Him be to you a place of refuge and safety for all your needs, your hopes, your dreams and your desires. He alone is your Hope. He alone is your Source of joy, confidence, value, pleasure and peace! In this world you may see turmoil everywhere in the view outside the windows of your life, but in Him, you will find complete safety and a sure dwelling place built firmly on the Rock! Seek out His Word and stand upon it, for it will hold you when nothing else will. It will see you through when all else has fallen and it will keep you all the way to heaven! Oh rejoice, beloved, for He loves you and He’s for you and that’s what really matters.

Psalm 16:11 You will make known to me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; In Your right hand there are pleasures forever.

1 Samuel 15:22  But Samuel replied, “What is more pleasing to the LORD: your burnt offerings and sacrifices or your obedience to His voice? Listen! Obedience is better than sacrifice, and submission is better than offering the fat of rams.

Isaiah 28:16 Therefore, this is what the Sovereign LORD says: "Look! I am placing a foundation stone in Jerusalem, a firm and tested stone. It is a precious cornerstone that is safe to build on. Whoever believes need never be shaken.

2 Samuel 22:32   For who is God except the LORD? Who but our God is a solid rock?

Matthew 7:24 Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.

Proverbs 10:29 The way of the Lord is a stronghold to the upright, but ruin to the workers of iniquity.

Proverbs 18:10 The name of the Lord is a strong fortress; the godly run to Him and are safe.

No comments: