Friday, November 30, 2012

Jesus is Your Christmas! It's All About Him!


There are many signs of the season everywhere you look. It’s the time of year where Santa is sitting in the malls and stores, waiting to visit with little boys and girls.  As it goes, if you’ve been good, Santa will bring you all that you desire.  I have photos of me sitting on Santa’s lap and of my children doing the same. Some years there were smiles of delight. Others there were tears of fear. Regardless, visit Santa is what all children want to do.

In the movie, A Christmas Story, Ralphie did everything in his power to get the one gift he so desired – a Red Ryder BB Gun! When he visited with Santa he went mute and was terribly frustrated as he called out to Santa at the last moment what he wanted most of all. Santa, like everyone else in his life shot out the reply, “You’ll shoot your eye out kid!”  

You and I are too old to go sit on Santa’s lap and hope for the best. We’re adults. We know the truth. We’ve resigned ourselves to trying to make others happy and make the best of Christmas. Oh we have our hopes and wants. We might even be secretly hoping that our spouse or another loved one heard us “hint” about that favorite gift we yearn for but for the most part we know that Christmas is for children.

Is it? Is it just for children? Is it just about Santa and toys and trees and reindeer? Is all the hope for children who’ve been good? What’s in it for us? Are we destined to relive our childhood and resign ourselves to a ho hum holiday? Is there nothing more than this?

Oh beloved, crawl up into your Father God’s lap and rest in His promises. He loves you so incredibly that He moved heaven and earth just for you!  Share all your heart with Him – your hopes, your fears, your wants and your desires. He knows you and He’s able to meet all your needs, whatever they are. He can take your holidays and make them into Holy Days. Hear Him speaking softly into your ear as he wipes the tears from your eyes, “I love you, you are my beloved, I made Christmas just for you. I AM listening to you and I have all the time in the world. I won’t rush you, I won’t push you away, I won’t rebuke you for your dreams and hopes. I AM your answer, I AM your greatest needs fulfilled,  I AM Christmas. Stay with Me and lean on My Word and together we will make this your greatest Christmas ever. I’ll always hold you close to me and love you all the way to heaven.

It’s not about the tinsel or the glitter or the presents or the food. It’s all about Jesus and His miraculous, breathtaking, magnificent Gift! You are loved, you are blessed and that’s all that really matters.

2 Corinthians 9:15  Now thanks be to God for His Gift, [precious] beyond telling [His indescribable, inexpressible, free Gift]! (AMP)

John 4:10 Jesus replied, “If you only knew the gift God has for you and who you are speaking to, you would ask Me, and I would give you living water.”

John 7:38  Anyone who believes in Me may come and drink! For the Scriptures declare, ‘Rivers of living water will flow from his heart.’”

John 12:46   I have come as a light to shine in this dark world, so that all who put their trust in Me will no longer remain in the dark.

Jeremiah 31:3 Long ago the LORD said to Israel: “I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.

John 14:1 Don’t let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in Me.

2 Corinthians 2:14  But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place.

No comments: