Saturday, November 03, 2012

Let God Speak His Love Song into Your Life


I was really blessed to have parents who were older. One of the many great reasons is the love of music they instilled in me and the kinds of music I was exposed to. In the early 60’s my dad won a Christmas gift from a local furniture store in Nashville Arkansas. It was a portable record player and stand along with his choice of 20 albums! He and my mom enjoyed picking out something for each of us.

Big band was my dad’s favorite. Among his favorite songs was, “All of Me”.  This morning the words and tune to that song have come to my mind.

“All of me, why not take all of me. Can’t you see that I’m no good without you?” It’s a love song of course. You’ll find out if you google it, but the first few lyrics keep playing in my mind.  I can hear my Lord beckoning me to give myself completely to Him. He’s speaking words of love this morning, and I want to respond: “All of me, Lord. Please take all of me.  Can’t you see I’m truly no good without You?”

It’s a beautiful morning and for most of us it’s a day that we don’t have to rush out and get busy right away. If you’re like me you may be lingering over a cup of coffee, savoring the quiet before the week-end rush of busy-ness.  Do you hear Him calling ever so quietly?

Oh beloved, it’s a love song you are hearing! A song from the One who is so in love with you! How do I know? Because He created you just for Himself!  Before the foundation of the world He knew you. He has a marvelous plan for your life – and it includes Him! Won’t you take a moment and settle in your heart once and for all that you’ve given yourself totally to Him? Let Him speak His love song into your life and watch as that love grows into dependence, confidence, commitment and more! He says this morning, “I love you! I have loved you always. I always will love you.  My desire is that you follow me with your whole heart so that I can keep you safe and close at My side.  My side – which was pierced for you! You are not truly mine until you are totally mine.  I am not truly yours until I AM totally your focus for your life. 

Run to the Word of Love this morning and read! He loves you, His plan for your life is being laid out as you read and His desire is for your holiness to be a result of the love that He has initiated. He not only makes things right, He adjusts those things that have been hurtful or unkind or unjust and works them altogether for His glory in you!  Just ask Him to take all of you and rejoice as He shows you the wonderful life of fulfillment He has just for you!

Psalm 51:10 Create in me a clean heart, O God. Renew a loyal spirit within me.

Ephesians 2:10 For we are God’s masterpiece. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus, so we can do the good things He planned for us long ago.

1 Peter 1:2 God the Father knew you and chose you long ago, and is Spirit has made you holy. As a result, you have obeyed Him and have been cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ. May God give you more and more grace and peace.

1 Thessalonians 1:4 We know, dear brothers and sisters, that God loves you and has chosen you to be His own people.

Galatians 2:20 My old self has been crucified with Christ. It is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me. So I live in this earthly body by trusting in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Psalm 63:3 Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise You!

Isaiah 49:15-16 “Never! Can a mother forget her nursing child? Can she feel no love for the child she has borne?  But even if that were possible, I would not forget you! See, I have written your name on the palms of My hands.

No comments: