Saturday, November 24, 2012

Times May be Tough but God will Never Leave You!


On this day, 39 years ago, I walked the aisle to marry  my beloved husband. It would seem, just looking at the surface of things, that the odds were against us. I was too young. I was still in high school. We came from different backgrounds. We didn’t really know what we were doing. I walked the aisle to the bridal march amidst thunder and lightning and pouring rain! Everyone knows that a stormy wedding day is bad luck! It shouldn’t have lasted. But it did.

What we saw that day was none of the problems or issues that seemed to destine us to failure.  We just looked at one another and kept our eyes focused on the one thing that mattered. Love. All we wanted was to get married and live together the rest of our lives.  We knew this was love and we made our vows and somehow we managed to make it stick. As the song was sung that night, “There is Love”.

When we say yes to Jesus, we are in essence saying I Do. Many things can come against us. If we focus on those issues, we may find ourselves veering off the aisle of faith. But as we focus our sights on the Lord, He promises to keep us all the way to heaven.  Hard times will come. We’ll find that sometimes our desires aren’t the same as His and we have to make choices. Even when we make poor ones, He stays with us to guide us back to Himself. Love. All He wants is to love us and to have us love Him.  Because of His great love He makes this walk of faith stick.

Today may be a hard day for you. Maybe you’re facing decisions you don’t really want to make. Maybe you were left at the altar of life by someone you loved. Maybe you’ve walked away from God’s loving care and done your own thing. It could be that the hurts and pain of unrequited love have given you a bitter taste in your mouth and you see no way to love or be loved ever again.

Oh beloved, run to the Bridegroom of your heart! His Wedding Vows are set in stone and He’s placed them in a beautiful book of love so that you can go back and rehearse and renew your knowledge of His wonderful love and tender mercy. Everything He ever said about you, His beloved, in this book remains true no matter what! The storms of life will come, but He says to you this morning, “Oh beloved, come away with Me and let Me teach you all about My love! I will never leave you, I will never forsake you, I will continually woo you back to Myself no matter how you wander, no matter where you may roam. I AM the One who keeps you. I AM the One who loves you. I AM the One who keeps my eyes on your face for you are truly the apple of My eye. As you and I walk down the aisle of life together, I will hold you by My right hand. All you need to do is keep your eyes on Me. Together we can make this marriage work, for it is truly a match made in heaven!” Oh how He loves and protects you! Now that’s worth praising His name!

Deuteronomy 31:6  Be strong and courageous, do not be afraid or tremble at them, for the LORD your God is the one who goes with you. He will not fail you or forsake you.

Ruth 1:16 But Ruth replied, “Don’t ask me to leave you and turn back. Wherever you go, I will go; wherever you live, I will live. Your people will be my people, and your God will be my God.

Psalm 17:8  Keep me as the apple of the eye, hide me under the shadow of thy wings. (NAS)

Psalm 57:7  My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast; I will sing, yes, I will sing praises!

Jeremiah 31:3  Long ago the LORD said to Israel: “I have loved you, My people, with an everlasting love. With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.

No comments: