Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Feeling Sluggish in Faith? Ask for a System Restore!


I left work Friday a little frustrated with technology.  It’s hard to imagine that one small change in a network could wreak such havoc on everyone, but it can.  One computer “died” so I replaced it with another one we had.  Suddenly neither of the network printers could be used by anyone. It was as though they’d never been there.  By Monday evening, we finally had the host computer and one other networked computer able to use the printers. In the meantime I had gone to a website looking for the recliner Danny wanted for Christmas and found a lovely present – a lovely fake anti virus malware infection! I turned my computer off and went home.

This morning as I turned on my computer I was expecting more trouble. Then I remembered one of the state office computer techs saying that if one could get to system restore, then that virus malware could be defeated. I tried it before my computer finished booting up and yes, thankfully I was able to restore the computer to last Saturday and my crisis was nipped in the bud!

System restore is a greatly needed item for humankind as well.  Even those of us who have given our lives to Christ can get malware running in the background.  The Word says it best - the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes and the pride of life – these things can overtake us. As they do, we find our spirit life running slower and slower, bogged down by earthly things that tend to catch us and hold us captive.  We still may attend church, may join, and may get very involved, but all the time that “stuff” is running in the background.  We find that we must go to our Manufacturer for a full system restore, daily, to keep the virus of our flesh at bay. 

Oh beloved, maybe you have been feeling a little sluggish lately. Everything seems fine, but you just don’t seem to feel the thrill of faith anymore. Or you’ve let your mind wander to things that aren’t of faith.  Run to God’s Word, the Ultimate Technology and let Him give you a system restore! He loves you so much that the Holy Spirit will do this for you without fussing or fuming or lecturing you! He’ll just take you in His arms and revive your spirit. In turn, you will begin to feel revived in your body and mind as well! Oh thank Him this morning that His Restoration is instant and His promises are all True! He is your Maker, so He is your Guide and your Sustainer all the days of your life! Hallelujah! What a Savior!

I John 2:16 For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world.

Psalm 13:3 Turn and answer me, O LORD my God! Restore the sparkle to my eyes, or I will die.

Psalm 51:12 Restore to me the joy of Your salvation, and make me willing to obey You.

Lamentations 3:23 Great is His faithfulness; His mercies begin afresh each morning.

No comments: