Tuesday, October 02, 2012

All of God's Promises Are True for You!

There was such a huge crowd in Fayetteville this past week-end. Walking together was a big deal too. There were so many people walking up and down the streets that you had to hang on tightly to stay together. Once our hands loosened and I found myself walking across the street alone. I felt a presence behind me and a real chill as I began to worry. Finally, I decided I’d just have to turn around and look. Thankfully Danny was catching up with me and grabbed my hand.  If someone else was following me, they were gone and I was thankful.

There is an enemy of our soul who wants to follow us everywhere we go. He’s called a “roaring lion” and is described as “seeking whom he may devour”. His character is described as crafty, shrewd and devious. He’s also good at being deceitful, falsehearted and lying. While this is not a full description it is sufficient to say he’s up to no good. He’s like the wolf in Red Riding Hood – dressed as grandmother but inside he’s still a wolf. He promises one thing but does another.

There is a Lover of our soul who promises to follow us everywhere we go. His character is Faithful and True.  What He promises He will do. And, all of His promises are exceedingly abundantly above all we could ask or think. We never have to look over our shoulder because goodness and mercy are following us. He is always seeking our good and His glory. He is like no other – He is the King of Glory!

Oh beloved, run to the Word this morning and read: all of God’s promises were written just for you! Learn all His promises, study all His precepts. Know that He is always with you, always for you and always watching out for you. He’ll never lead you wrong and He’ll always make things right for you. Even when the enemy tries to trick, deceive or lie, God is never going to leave you alone. I know it can feel like you are walking alone, it can feel like our soul is in danger and that problems will never cease. But the Lord says to you today Trust Me as I guide you into All Truth. Honor Me as I show you how to walk regardless of the circumstances. Love Me as I have loved you. All of My Kingdom is yours as you are my child – my heir.  Honor Me and I will honor you.

God knows your situation. He’s leading you through each one, He’s following you with blessings and He’s carrying you all the way to heaven! Hallelujah what a Savior, who loves you and is on your side and that’s truly all that matters!

Proverbs 29:25 “Fearing people is a dangerous trap, but trusting the LORD means safety.”

Psalm 95:7  for He is our God. We are the people He watches over, the flock under His care. If only you would listen to His voice today!

Psalm 139:5  You go before me and follow me. You place your hand of blessing on my head.

2 Thessalonians 3:3  But the Lord is faithful; He will strengthen you and guard you from the evil one.

No comments: