Monday, October 08, 2012

Ready to Plug into Your Real Source of Power?


Next week we’ll be attending The Changing of the Colors Rally near Mena. I can remember back not many years ago, before this family had cell phones.  There was really only one good place for friends to use them. Up near one of the signposts.  Everyone would go to that spot to get their message out.  I can even remember borrowing a friend’s phone to call our family at home.

Now my “smart” phone goes with me everywhere. One day last week the battery died while I was at work and I felt so disconnected. I couldn’t even call my daughter when I needed to because her number is on speed dial – I don’t even know it!  Most folks text, take photos, play games, talk, use their calendar, consult the weather and look at late breaking news via their phones.  You could say we’re “plugged in”.  What would it be like to go a few days without it?  

Are you plugged in this morning? Are you in right connection with your Power Source? Are you seeking God daily for your necessary nourishment? Are you spending time with the One Who set the stars in orbit and gave you life? Unlike the cell phone’s apps, this life is no game.  Without the Lord’s Words, spoken sweetly to us during quiet times, we are totally disconnected from our spiritual source. We cannot hope to know what’s going on in the spirit realm without taking time to connect. 

While there are sun spots and dead zones and tower failures which may render our phones useless for a time, there’s never a time you cannot connect with the Lord. He’s always  there, always full of power, always available and always able to give you enough time to make the call to Him.

Oh beloved, run to the Lord this morning and read from His Wonderful Blessings for you! Put down the phones, turn off the tv and sit quietly in His presence. You will never be disappointed and you’ll never have to worry that the message won’t come through clearly.  He’s speaking to you already this morning as He says, Come to me, I know you labor and are heavy laden. I’ll give you the rest and renewal you so desire. I AM your true source of power! I will bless you as I pour My heart into your heart. I will renew your strength and give you all that you need for this life, for this day – and more…Blessings and honor come from Me alone.

You are loved, you are important and God’s line is never busy – you won’t ever have to leave a message. What a Savior. What a Father. What a Redeemer He is!

Psalm 119:114  You are my refuge and my shield; Your word is my source of hope.

2 Corinthians 1:3 All praise to God, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ. God is our merciful Father and the source of all comfort.

Deuteronomy 8:18  Remember the LORD your God. He is the one who gives you power to be successful, in order to fulfill the covenant he confirmed to your ancestors with an oath.

Psalm 63:1 O God, you are my God; I earnestly search for you. My soul thirsts for you; my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.

Psalm 4:3 You can be sure of this: The Lord set apart the godly for Himself. The Lord will answer when I call to Him.

No comments: