Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dangers Abound! But God is Greater!

A rattlesnake, 2 tarantulas and a scorpion have been found in areas across the CMA Campground. Our little Caleb picked up a stick by our campsite and got stung by a wasp. Sounds like a dangerous place to be! There are hidden dangers as well – old stump holes, piles of leaves, potholes and more.


If we concentrated on the dangers we’d just pick up camp and go home. Why take the chance? Go find a safe place and hide out there. The only problem with this thinking is the same risks are found at home. All I have to do is look around and see: spiders in the corners, wasps on the eaves and snakes in the grass. I can spend all my time looking for these and more. No matter what I do, dangers still abound.

Oh beloved, what are you concentrating on? If you concentrate only on troubles and seek to avoid them, you will be frustrated and sleepless. But if you will look to the Lord and seek His face these barriers will no longer seem so big. Rather, God will increase your faith and make your way less fraught with concern. He says to you this morning Turn your eyes on Me. Yes,there are dangers lurking everywhere but I AM over all and I AM your source of safety for all your spiritual, emotional and physical life. I AM the One who sets your feet upon the Rock and gives you sure footing throughout your life so that you can live for Me free of the fears that keep others from moving on to higher things. Your heart and your soul belong to Me so let Me teach you how to be fearless and overcome!

Run to His Word today and read for it is the Ultimate Safety Manual! God loves you perfectly and watches over you continually. His plan for you is magnificent as you turn your eyes away from worldly cares and look full in His Wonderful Face!

2 Samuel 22:3  my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.

Job 11:18 Having hope will give you courage. You will be protected and will rest in safety.

Psalm 16:9 No wonder my heart is glad, and I rejoice. My body rests in safety.

John 16:33 I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.”

Isaiah 41:10 Don’t be afraid, for I am with you. Don’t be discouraged, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you. I will hold you up with my victorious right hand.

Ezekiel 34:31 You are my flock, the sheep of my pasture. You are my people, and I am your God. I, the Sovereign LORD, have spoken!”

No comments: