Thursday, October 11, 2012

Hijacked by Malicious Thinking? Run to God's Word for Protection!


One of my friends was telling me yesterday that when she got home from work she discovered a pop up on her computer.  It read that it was a warning from the FBI, something like this “Warning. Your computer has been blocked due to illegal downloads of music.” It went on to give detailed instructions to go to the local discount store, purchase a $200 money card and go to their website. Enter that money in the website for the fine and the owner of the computer would then have their computer unlocked. Imagine the person who has been downloading music finding this on their computer. The hijacker who built the program desires to get rich at the expense of an unwitting computer owner.  

Malware. Malicious programming appearing real that hijacks your computer. Some malware is fairly benign. Other programs are serious business. From minor irritation to complete ruination of the hard drive, malware is rampant. If we don’t keep our virus software updated and turned on anyone one of us is subject to succumbing to this nuisance.

We too as believers are subject to malicious programming.  The enemy of our souls wants to speak lies and half truths into our hearts. His desire is to strike terror and make us believe we have to pay over and over again for things in our life that we try to overcome.  If he can hijack our faith he can render us useless in the Kingdom of God.

Oh beloved, are you feeling tortured by past regrets and future fears? Are they playing over and over in the screen of your mind and heart? Have you tried to pay up only to find that the cost is way too high? Run to the Lord this morning and tell Him all your troubles. He will restore you to right standing with Him and He will wipe your life clean by His atoning blood.  Not only that, His Word is your best protection against the viruses of life that will try to come back on you.  His love is your complete protection, His Word is your soul survival and His promises are your road of blessing. Unlike computer hijacks that can wipe out your computer, God’s Word always restores and always covers so that we can always walk in the Light of His Word! What a Savior! What a Protector! Thank Him today for His unspeakable gift!

2 Samuel 22:3 my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety. He is my refuge, my savior, the one who saves me from violence.

Psalm 31:4  Pull me from the trap my enemies set for me, for I find protection in You alone.

Psalm 91:4  He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection.

Proverbs 30:5  Every word of God proves true. He is a shield to all who come to Him for protection.

Isaiah 33:21  The LORD will be our Mighty One. He will be like a wide river of protection that no enemy can cross, that no enemy ship can sail upon.

No comments: