Thursday, October 25, 2012

Pest Problems? Let Christ Be Your Remedy


When we returned home from the CMA Rally last week, we found that we had ants on the kitchen cabinets, lady bugs on the ceilings and moths were hanging here and there.  There was also a big spider web in the corner of the living room. Pests had taken up residence while we were gone!  We left our home locked and safe, yet intruders had gotten in.  It took some doing, but we got the ants under control, vacuumed the lady bugs and swiped the cobwebs from the corners.  We could have left them alone and let nature take its course, but we’d have had a bigger problem on our hands.  Even though we had mounds of clothes to wash and loads of camping equipment to put away, we took care of those little problems first.  Pests come when we least expect them. Even at camp, although our camper was snug and our zipper stayed closed, as we closed our camper up, we found a black widow spider crawling right at the doorway. 

Are you living with the pests of life? Regrets meeting you at every doorway? Are there cobwebs of sorrow lurking in the corners of your mind? Thoughts of unrealized hopes could be hanging from the ceiling of your life.  Fears dance across the counters on a daily basis. Every time you try to wipe them away they reappear as though you’ve done nothing about them!

Oh beloved, run to the Lord! He has the best Pest Control Guidebook in the universe! He has a remedy for every problem you’ve encountered in the past. What’s more, His control takes care of the present and the future! His Word limits the greatest enemy of your heart, the devil, and makes your life sound, sealed and delivered! His love for you is limitless, His care for you is round the clock and His plans for your future are laid out for you to receive! Let Him be all that He is for you and rejoice as He reminds you daily that you are loved and He is with you forever!

Psalm 32:5 I acknowledged my sin to You, and my iniquity I did not hide; I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD”; And You forgave the guilt of my sin. (NAS)

Psalm 104:34 May all my thoughts be pleasing to Him, for I rejoice in the LORD.

Psalm 18:2 The LORD is my rock, my fortress, and my savior; my God is my rock, in whom I find protection. He is my shield, the power that saves me, and my place of safety.

Proverbs 19:23 Fear of the LORD leads to life, bringing security and protection from harm.

Psalm 31:19 How great is the goodness You have stored up for those who fear You. You lavish it on those who come to You for protection, blessing them before the watching world.

No comments: