Wednesday, October 24, 2012

God is On Your Side and He Adores You!

 
My father was an independent man. He left home at age 16 and joined the Navy. He visited home occasionally but never returned to stay. I was born when he was 56 years old. He had traveled the world and showed up in the drug store of the Driscoll Hotel in Corpus Christi Texas where my mother worked.  He swept the 41 year old woman off her feet and the rest is history.  Not all of my father’s history was good. Looking deeper into the layers of his life you’ll find a father who was distant and unforgiving.  My father’s mother died after giving birth to him. My grandfather held it against him all of his life.  One of his most sorrowful moments as a child was when, in anger, his father hit him in the head with a well pulley. My father was out for days and the family wasn’t sure if he’d survive. But survive he did. His grandmother protected him while she was alive but eventually she died and he was left to fend for himself. As soon as he could he escaped.

I know the past can be hard to overcome. You may have been too sheltered and find it hard to deal with life. You may have been abused physically, emotionally or verbally.   You might never have been told that God even existed, much less that He loves you and has a marvelous plan for your life. You may have turned your back on your raising because it was just not good. Just as my father became independent, you too may have vowed “I don’t need anyone”. 

Oh beloved, it’s time to escape! Escape to the One Who can heal you of all scars, protect you from all harm and see you through all troubles!  His Name is Abba Father and He knew your name before you were born! His plan for you began before the world was formed.  Although life can be harsh, trials and tests can appear for a while, you have nothing to fear for your Father God is watching over you.  Your independence will not get you where you really want to go, for without the Lord of Heaven and Earth guiding your steps you will continue to fall short.  Let Him love you today! Let Him heal you in every way! Let Him hold you close as He whispers to you: I AM the Lord Who heals you and I will take whatever happened in your past and turn it out for your good and My Glory! All you have to do is give Me the opportunity by turning it all over to Me. I love you and I AM on your side and that’s all that really matters, in the past, right now and in the future!

1 Chronicles 29:11 Yours, O LORD, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O LORD, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things.

Revelation 4:11 “You are worthy, O Lord our God, to receive glory and honor and power. For You created all things, and they exist because you created what you pleased.”

Exodus 6:7 I will claim you as My own people, and I will be your God. Then you will know that I AM the LORD your God who has freed you from your oppression in Egypt.

Psalm 75:3 When the earth quakes and its people live in turmoil, I AM the one who keeps its foundations firm.

Isaiah 45:3 And I will give you treasures hidden in the darkness— secret riches. I will do this so you may know that I AM the LORD, the God of Israel, the one who calls you by name.

Isaiah 57:19  bringing words of praise to their lips. May they have abundant peace, both near and far,” says the LORD, who heals them.

2 comments:

Jamie said...

My favorite part: " I AM the Lord Who heals you and I will take whatever happened in your past and turn it out for your good and My Glory!"

Missy Frye said...

When I'm feeling as if I can't handle one more thing, I remember this:

"Therefore I ask that you do not lose heart in my tribulations for you, which is your glory." Ephesians 3:13