Monday, October 01, 2012

Keep Asking - He Delights in You!


We will have new neighbors this week. The house across the street has been empty for several months now. It was full of life and fun just a year ago, before the owner’s wife passed away.  Then he moved back home to Tennessee.  It’s going to be nice to have someone in the house.  There’s more to that story…

I got some news recently that did not line up with what I’ve been praying. I was frustrated and hurt.  I thought I had seen signs of the prayers beginning to be answered, but with this recent turn of events I was floored.  In fact I was sure that God just wasn’t going to answer that particular prayer. 

I was sharing my dismay with the new neighbor, who just happens to be Stella’s mom and my daughter. She said, “I’ve got a devotional for you.” And this is what she related: “I prayed to get an opportunity to move to Arkadelphia.  All the time I griped daily. I would say to myself you’ll never get to move. Things will never change. Gripe,  complain, etc. But here we are moving into a big house with a great yard and two bathrooms.”  She continued, “God answered my prayers even though I was saying it just won’t happen. Even though I was complaining pretty much every day”.  Well? You guessed it.  I will continue to pray, no matter what my eyes see, no matter what the circumstances are. I know I am praying according to God’s will, so whatever comes I’ll keep praying.

Oh beloved, what have you been praying for? What is that heart’s desire that you just keep hoping for?  I want to encourage you this morning to keep asking, keep knocking, keep seeking! Don’t look to the circumstances or the situation, but look to the Lord! Remember that satan can throw roadblocks at you, things that seem to say there’s no hope, but he can’t stop God’s will.  There’s nothing God loves more than to answer His children with good and wonderful answers!   Press on to the One Who loves you; press in to the One Who delights in answering your prayers; press close to the One Who is for you. How blessed are you who speaks with the King of Kings and the Lord of Lord about all your troubles, trials, hopes, fears and desires – knowing He always answers in His time and right on time!

Psalm 6:9  The LORD has heard my plea; the LORD will answer my prayer.

Psalm 118:21  I thank You for answering my prayer and giving me victory!

2 Corinthians 10:4  We use God’s mighty weapons, not worldly weapons, to knock down the strongholds of human reasoning and to destroy false arguments.

Luke 11:9 And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.

No comments: