Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Duct Tape Can't Fix Everything, but God Can!

It usually rains during the Changing of the Colors Rally. In fact it used to rain so much that in the 80’s we had rally pins in the shape of rubber boots, umbrellas and raindrops. It became nicknamed “the rain rally”. This year was no different. On Saturday night it came a deluge, along with high winds and thunder and lightning. We went to bed in the comfort of our bunkhouse but Danny woke up about 3am to check things out. He found that we had a huge weight of water in one area of our roof and that the canopy we had out front had totally collapsed along with the metal frame. When we got up the next morning, Danny removed the folded up the ruined frame and pitched it in the trash. It had wind damage before as it was one of the flimsier type of canopies, but I noticed the two places where we’d repaired the frame previously with duct tape had still held.

Duct tape is pretty awesome. It now comes in fashion colors and prints as well! From fluorescent pink to black with skulls you can find a duct tape to meet your needs both in function and fashion. Even our oldest granddaughter wants some of the stuff. No matter what design you use, there is an intended use for the stuff that everyone employs. It’s used to re-attach loose parts, splint broken pieces and cover holes. Things that are messed up and need to be discarded can be made usable again with a simple application of a simple “tool”.

Oh beloved! This morning you may feel that your life is coming apart at the seams. Is there brokenness that you feel may never be fixed? Maybe you have been discarded and told that you are no longer of any use. With all that life has thrown at you, you may be feeling torn in the heart or ripped to the core. You may even be thinking that you’re ready for the junk heap. But hold on! Run to the Lord and let Him apply His Word to your life. The Word is able to cover every problem. Unlike duct tape, the Word is no temporary fix!

God says to you, I AM total restoration! I AM able to make all things new! My repairs are permanent because I AM able! My love for you is permanent and My Word is a stronger bond than anything life has to offer. Run to Me and let Me love you through your problems and on to victory! I will never leave you or forsake you for you are Mine!

Jeremiah 30:17 I will give you back your health and heal your wounds,” says the LORD. “For you are called an outcast…”

Joel 2:25-26 “Then I will make up to you for the years That the swarming locust has eaten, The creeping locust, the stripping locust and the gnawing locust, My great army which I sent among you. “You will have plenty to eat and be satisfied And praise the name of the LORD your God, Who has dealt wondrously with you; Then My people will never be put to shame.

Psalm 71:20-21 You have allowed me to suffer much hardship,but you will restore me to life again and lift me up from the depths of the earth. You will restore me to even greater honor

and comfort me once again.

Jeremiah 32:27 I AM the LORD, the God of all the peoples of the world. Is anything too hard for me?

No comments: