Sunday, October 07, 2012

Frustrations? Run to the Lord Who Can Handle it For You.


Not long ago I found myself fuming about something. I can honestly say I don’t remember what it was, but I remember the outcome. It was a week that had been unusually tiring. By Friday, that tiredness was turning into frustration. I really didn’t think I could “get it all done”. I went out to the garage to move something.  And it didn’t want to move. So I moved some other things around. All the time I was talking to myself about my frustration. There was one more small object to move out of the way before I could move the bigger object and get to what I was after. I picked it up and tossed it out of the way. I didn’t become the Hulk, really! But everyone in my family knows that it’s quite dangerous when I throw!  My aim and my pitch never go in the same direction. So this small object hit a box and bounced back. Onto Danny’s motorcycle.  At this point I realized I was being ridiculous and I picked the small object up to move it, not throw it.

That is when I spied it. The tiny nick of paint on the fender of Danny’s motorcycle.

And then I heard the voice of my Lord say,

“Anger always causes damage”.

I know what you’re saying. “What, we’re never supposed to be angry?”  The problem with anger is not that we get angry, but what we do with that anger.  I talked to myself about it instead of the Lord.  I found an object to vent my anger on instead of asking God to remove it from me.  It was my focus that got me into trouble. Rather than focusing on God’s redeeming abilities, I focused on my frustrated weariness. But God in His beautiful loving ways, spoke oh so gently to me. God did not return anger, righteous indignation or punishment on me.  He just walked around the day with me watching over me, hoping to get a moment with me and then at just the right time, He taught me. In love.

Oh beloved! I know for some of you there are things going on in your life that seem insurmountable. You’ve hoped they would go away, but they’re still staring you square in the eye. You’re getting tired and you’re ready to do something about it – in your own strength. But there is One Who has promised to follow you all of your days. He wants to speak the loving truth into your life so that whatever comes you can lean on Him for His strength, His wisdom and His courage to do the right thing no matter what. He says to you, I love you. I’ve got this. I know you can’t handle anymore, so just give it to me. Let me take your frustrations and your fears and turn them into jewels of the faith for you. My exchange system will never cause damage and never bring regrets. But you’ll have to Trust Me. You can, you know, for My Name is Faithful and True. Lean on Me for your support and together we’ll go into the situation and I’ll make things beautiful in their time.

Hallelujah! What a Savior! Who takes our infirmities and heals our wounds and renews our spirits. All in love, because He promises to love us forever and be with us always. And that’s all that really matters.

Hebrews 10:35-36 So do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord. Remember the great reward it brings you!  Patient endurance is what you need now, so that you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that He has promised.

Philippians 4:6-7 Don’t worry (fret or fume) about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank Him for all He has done.  Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.

Proverbs 3:5  Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Psalm 86:11  Teach me your ways, O LORD, that I may live according to your truth! Grant me purity of heart, so that I may honor you.

No comments: