Thursday, October 17, 2013

Are You Keeping Him Close Until He Returns?


My daughter sent us a photo of the 6 year old grandson last night. He was lying in his bed with a photo of me and his grandfather. She said he told her he wanted to sleep with it “in case he missed us”. Of course that melted my heart. She said he has been counting the days till they come and stay at the rally too. Isn’t it wonderful to know he wants to keep us close – even if it’s through a photo?

There are times we must be separated from ones we love. Sometimes it’s by design – we have things to do that take us away from home. We get that longing for family and home if we’re gone long.

There are other times when someone leaves because they’ve decided its time to go. When it’s a young adult member of the family, you sorrow because they’re gone, but you relish the thought that you raised them to have roots and wings. You want them grown and gone on their own. Bittersweet though it is, you keep their room just so for a long while. You put their photo where you can see it. You pray they will stay safe and on the road of life.

Sometimes the leaving is done with malice and forethought. The perpetrator may even ask you to leave. The separation comes and although it’s full of anxiety on your part, the one who rejected your fellowship and love goes on, content to do their own thing, or go their own way. Rejection is hard to deal with. No one wants to hold anything about the rejector close to look at over and over again. It could be a spouse, a family member, or someone you considered close. It hurts and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Don’t we wish we could build a fortress and keep those we love close? Don’t we think at times it would be great to stay in a compound and keep the world out? A photo won’t do – we want them in the flesh. We want them with us. We need them close.
The apostles knew that feeling. They had walked with Jesus for 3 years. When they were with Him on the mountain they were ready to build a monument there and live with Jesus forever on earth. They were soon to be left behind as Jesus returned to the Father. He had tried to tell them He was going to have to leave, but He would come back to get them. But they didn’t want that. They wanted Him. How were they going to live without Jesus?

Our precious grandson will be with us tonight. This is his countdown day and he knows he will see us. He’s been waiting, he’s been counting, he’s been excited for this day. While we’ve been apart he has kept us close by our photo. But today we are going to be reunited.

God speaks to my heart: My precious child. Have you been watching and waiting for Me? Are you keeping My Word close so that you remember My words of love to you? Are you walking the way I would have you walk – in forgiveness, in love, in fellowship? Are you keeping My Words alive in your heart? Are you growing in My grace and knowledge of My Word? It won’t be long until I return for you, for I promised to come again so that where I am you may also be. Keep your eyes on Me, keep your heart turned in My direction. Keep your faith strong. There has been many things that have tried to get your eyes off of Me and My Words to you. I see the problems you encounter, the hurts you endure and the rejection you could not avoid. Do not fear! Although the world will tell you to give up and give in, I am saying to you that I have your face in my view, I am praying for you at the Father’s right hand and I am keeping you close to my heart until we are reunited forever in heaven.

Oh beloved, rejoice! Although people walk away, Jesus will never walk away. He has given you His Word that He will always love you, always care for you and He will reunite with you again one day. Stay close to the Lord, stay in communion with Him, keep His Word always on your heart. He will fulfil His purpose in your life and He will make things right when they go wrong. He can be trusted as you rely on Him for everything you need for life and godliness.

He loves you and He’s for you and that will keep you safe, blessed and free until He returns again.

Psalm 119:37-38 Turn my eyes from worthless things, and give me life through Your word. Reassure me of Your promise, which is for those who honor You.

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes all things to work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose.

Psalm 119:15-16 I will study your commandments and reflect on your ways. I will delight in Your decrees and not forget Your word.

Mark 13:35 You, too, must keep watch! For you don’t know when the Master of the household will return—in the evening, at midnight, before dawn, or at daybreak.

Isaiah 26:3 You will keep in perfect peace all who trust in You, all whose thoughts are fixed on You!

No comments: