Saturday, October 26, 2013

Rest Area Ahead - Please Pull Over


With a smart phone, which most people have now, you can do just about everything. You can order a meal, buy an outfit, listen to music, keep in contact with friends, take pictures, work from home, type a letter, talk to friends and family, read the Bible and check the news and weather. Pretty amazing. Amazing more, you can walk around and never even talk face to face with another person and get all this done!  I’m not making fun of smart phones, I have one and so does my husband. We find them to be very convenient. With my car the phone connects to a speaker and I have hands free use while driving.

Just about everything in our lives is instant. But there’s a cost to it all. We now pay more for our phones than we paid for our entire month’s bills when we were first married.  We now struggle when we’re in a “dead zone” for fear someone might try to reach us or we might need to reach out to someone else or check the weather, etc.

Although smart phones have given us instant access to so much information and so many people, we haven’t really found more time. Just like other time savers, it has caused us to become even busier. Our lives are hectic, harried and fast paced. Often we find that the very things that were meant to help us have actually hindered us. We get frustrated when the microwave goes for 30 seconds!

God speaks to my heart: It is in quietness and time alone that you will find your most needed connection and that is with Me. I AM the answer to all your problems, but you must take time to spend it with Me. I know your situation, I know your time constraints and I know your heart. If you will stop and carve out time in My presence I will slow your racing heart, calm your racing mind and give you peace – real peace. As you spend time with Me you will find real answers that you have been anxiously searching for and you will be able to relax and rest. The more you take time to spend with Me, the more you will hear from Me. I will help you, I will guide you, I will speak to your heart about every other thing that is going on in your life. In My presence you will find out how to make it all work, put it all together and have time to do what you have to do. And My presence causes you to have more time because I redeem and bless time spent with Me.

Oh beloved, maybe it’s time to pull over. Take a rest stop from the frantic pace of life. Enjoy time with God. Although everything you do is important to your life, it is also very important that you slow down and rest - Rest in His presence - Rest in His grace - Rest in His power. God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which He must work. His life saving plans are found in His Word and they will sustain you wherever you must go, whatever you must do.

God loves you and He’s for you and that’s what gives you rest and peace for your busy life.   

Matthew 11:28 Come to Me, all you who labor and are heavy-laden and overburdened, and I will cause you to rest. [I will ease and relieve and refresh your souls.] AMP

Philippians 4:6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension , will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. NAS

Isaiah 30:15 This is what the Sovereign Lord, the Holy One of Israel, says: “Only in returning to me and resting in me will you be saved. In quietness and confidence is your strength…

Matthew 6:33 But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be added to you.

No comments: