Wednesday, October 09, 2013

Someone Stealing From You?

Today's Post  -


In these troubled times the news is full of stories of robbery. It reminds me of when I was a child and my best friend and I went to the store with my mother. There was always a carousel of little packaged games and toys by the checkouts. They were very inexpensive. Well, my friend who was about 7 (I was 4) told me we could have one of those toys. Then she told me that we should go to the car and play with them. We did just that.

Then my mother came to the car with her groceries. She asked us where we got the toys. I told her the truth. I didn’t realize we had stolen anything; I had just followed the lead of a friend. Because I didn’t realize it was stolen, I didn’t know to lie about it either. Of course my mother marched us into the store where I had to apologize to the store manager. I don’t remember anything else, but I will always remember learning the lesson. Stealing was wrong. I always could see my mother’s face and her grave disappointment. She loved me enough to tell me the truth and to insist I tell the truth as well. That lesson has served me well over the years.

We are children, each one of us. If we are born again through the Gospel of Jesus Christ, we are set into a very special place. We are born again into the family of God –we are joint heirs with Jesus – we are children of the Heavenly King. Because of this most favored status, given to us freely by nothing we have earned on our own – we have certain rights as the King’s child.

One of the greatest rights we have is that we no longer have to live like an unbeliever. The Word tells us how to live in Ephesians 4. Among the words are “let him who steals steal no more”. We are changed BY Christ because we are now IN Christ! Let us who used to _____________ do that no more! We don’t have to! Yay God!

Another wonderful “right” as a believer is that no one can steal things from us that are ours IN Christ! No one – absolutely no one – not even the devil himself – can steal your anointing, your calling, your standing, your position, your prayers, your faith, your gifts, your honor. All these things are yours by virtue of your position IN Christ!

God speaks to my heart: Who has been stealing from you? Where is your joy? Who has taken your peace? Who stole your trust in Me? I AM the one who has given you these rich and wonderful gifts – they are yours. But there is an enemy, and he whispers lies into your heart. Don’t let him take anything from you. He is a liar and the father of all lies. I AM the one who saved you, who keeps you, and who gives every good and perfect gift to you! I AM truth personified. I do nothing by secret, underhandedly, or through trickery. If you have lost anything that belongs to you because you are my child, I tell you today, TAKE IT BACK! You are IN ME and I AM IN YOU, so you don’t have to believe any of the lies that are being whispered into your mind and heart.

God has not left you defenseless against the thief who comes to kill steal and destroy. He has given you the whole armor of God, He has given you His promises, He has filled you with His Spirit, He has sealed you for the day of Redemption, He has covered you, redeemed you, and blessed you. Pick up the magnificent Word of God this morning and read the TRUTH.

Rejoice, beloved! God loves you (He gave His love to you) and He’s for you (His angels keep guard over you) and that’s what gives you strength and purpose against anyone who tried to steal your life IN Christ in the days ahead.

2 Timothy 3:16-17 Every Scripture is God-breathed (given by His inspiration) and profitable for instruction, for reproof and conviction of sin, for correction of error and discipline in obedience, [and] for training in righteousness (in holy living, in conformity to God’s will in thought, purpose, and action), so that the man of God may be complete and proficient, well fitted and thoroughly equipped for every good work. AMP

John 10:10 The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). AMP

John 1:16 For out of His fullness (abundance) we have all received [all had a share and we were all supplied with] one grace after another and spiritual blessing upon spiritual blessing and even favor upon favor and gift [heaped] upon gift. AMP

2 Corinthians 1:20 For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. NAS

Psalm 23:1 The Lord is my Shepherd [to feed, guide, and shield me], I shall not lack.

No comments: