Wednesday, October 23, 2013

At Some Point You Will Have to Trust God


My dad was a whole lot of fun. But at the same time he was a no nonsense father. When I asked him for something or permission to go somewhere he would give it fair thought. But once he said no that was it. There was no going further with the discussion. No pleading, begging, whining or cajoling would work on him. It only served to get me in trouble. A no was a no. And that was that.

That’s a real tough thing for a kid who always wants to know “why”. I find that I am still one who wants to know why. I even ask my husband “why”? I don’t mind going, doing, following, I don’t mind a change in direction, but I just love to know why.

Recently I was having a conversation with my Heavenly Father. In fact I had been conversing with Him for days about something. I kept asking Him the same question over and over – “Why?” Each and every day I would ask Him the same thing. No answer would come.

Finally, one morning just a few days ago He responded. I heard Him speak to my heart: “Don’t ever ask Me why again.” And then the Scripture came to mind: “In the fullness of time…”  Okay, I heard my Daddy God and that was that.  Either I would listen to Him and move on or I would continue to ask why and stay upset, wondering, trying to figure out the answer.

This morning during my quiet time I realized that as I had quit asking why I also had quit whining about it. I discovered that the more we ask why, the more we will whine. And the more we whine the more we are stuck in that situation, that problem, that turmoil, that feeling. I realized that why is short for whine!

God speaks to our hearts: At some point in time you will have to trust Me. The situation might get bleak, the days might get dark, the hurts will come and the doubts will fly around your head like a whole lot of gnats. You can swat at the problems, beg Me for answers and whine, whine, whine. But you will have to trust Me. Nothing can happen that I am not aware of. Nothing that surprises you surprises Me at all. No condition of your life is impossible, no situation of peril is unfixable, no power on earth nor power of man can move you from My will for your life – as long as you trust Me.  I AM the Lord. There is no other. It is I Who govern lives, countries, rulers and subjects. You are My child and because you are My child you can rest in My promises, relax in My decisions and rejoice in My direction.  Behold precious child, I AM about to take you beyond yourself. I AM about to move in your life in such a direction that the heavenly host is already singing Hallelujah. Stop asking Me why and start asking Me why not? Lock arms in faith with Me and let Me walk you out of the present familiarity and into the unknown future that I have created just for you.

Oh beloved, leave it all at the Father’s feet. Hang a “No whining” sign on your heart. Open the Book of Love, Peace, Prosperity, Thankfulness and Trust and rehearse His Truth!!! You are more than the sum of your “why’s”. As you leave the why’s behind, you will discover even more intimately how much God loves you and how passionately He is for you.  And then you will discover that God is all that really matters as you travel under His direction, His sovereignty and His authority all the days of your life.

Job 40:2 Then the Lord said to Job, “Do you still want to argue with the Almighty? You are God’s critic, but do you have the answers?”

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding.

Proverbs 22:19 I am teaching you today--yes, you--so you will trust in the LORD.

Proverbs 8:32 And so, my children, listen to me, for all who follow My ways are joyful.

Deuteronomy 13:4 Serve only the Lord your God and fear Him alone. Obey His commands, listen to His voice, and cling to Him.

No comments: