Wednesday, October 02, 2013

God is With You Through Everything!




They waved from the window at Danny and me as I watched him working on our Fiat’s engine. I was there to help if something needed pressing or holding. Our two daughters at the time were 5 and 8 months. They were laughing and playing inside and the oldest was “watching” the youngest. Melody kept waving at the window, but from our view they looked very happy.

The waving and coming to the window ...kept happening so I went to check. To my horror my sweet little 5 year old had a nasty gash that was bleeding profusely! They had indeed been playing and she had stumbled against the cedar chest in the living room.

We ran to the hospital and got her stitched up. The scar remains and every time I look at it I am reminded of that waving little girl who looked so fine but in reality was in a scary situation. I would bet she looks at the scar and remembers calling out to parents who assumed she was just waving.

Often we are met with disasters that we didn’t know were coming. We enjoy life and stumble over a trial or a temptation and we’re cut to the quick. Other times we are enjoying the scenery of our daily travels and we’re hit with a rock square in the jaw! We fall to the ground and writhe in agony. We’re overcome with pain and we don’t know if we can make it. We’re injured and we’re not sure that we’re going to make it. We’re not sure if anyone cares. We don’t know if the perpetrator meant it intentionally or not, but we’re injured just the same. We wonder if anyone else saw what happened. We want to defend ourselves and fix ourselves but to no avail.

God speaks to my heart: Oh beloved! I AM watching you. I AM aware of every stumble, every hit, every sorrow. Although the gashes of life may be horrendous you will not bleed out! Because I bled out for you! You will not be destroyed for I AM the one who has overcome the destroyer for your sake! You will not have permanent scars as long as you give Me the wounds and let Me sow them up with My tender, loving care. I see you waving the flag of surrender and I say beloved, you have nothing to surrender except your life. And I will redeem that surrender with truth and joy. The more you surrender, the more you walk in humility, the more you are still and recognize I AM that I AM the stronger and more invincible you will become!

Rejoice beloved that your King has everything in the kingdoms of this world and the next in His hands. All things work together for good – for you are loved and you are called according to His purpose alone.

1 Chronicles 29:11 Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is Yours, O Lord, and this is Your kingdom. We adore You as the one who is over all things.

Psalm 147:3 He heals the brokenhearted and bandages their wounds.

Psalm 3:8 Victory comes from you, O LORD. May you bless your people.

Psalm 105:4 Search for the Lord and for His strength; continually seek Him.

Romans 8:28 And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to His purpose for them.

1 comment:

Jodi said...

Thanks so much for sharing this -- it can never be said enough -- God is with us ALWAYS!