Wednesday, October 30, 2013

UTurns Permitted in God's Plan of Grace


The local primary school has volunteers and assistants who walk children from the car drop off points to the school.  This makes for safety because there are many parents driving through in 3 lanes each morning. 

Dropping off one of my grandsons at school yesterday morning, we were so busy talking I passed right by! We had to make a large block to get back to where we were supposed to be.  Once we arrived, it was just as the bell was going to ring.  We were not the only ones running late as I looked behind me to see at least a couple dozen cars waiting to let their youngsters out. I was amazed that, even though there were many children yet to walk across the lot to the building, the volunteers all walked away and inside, leaving many kids to fend for themselves to get inside the building. I worried as to whether I should get out and walk my grandson across the way, but a mother with her child in tow motioned for him to follow. Thankful that someone was there to help out, I drove on to work.

There are times in the walk of a believer when we get distracted by life and forget to turn in when God says turn. We must make a block, sometimes a huge block, to get back to where we should have been. Although it may feel like it takes forever, we can be assured that even our desire to turn around means that God is still speaking to us and if He’s speaking to our hearts then He’s still leading us.

We can find courage that even when we’re late He’s always waiting on us. He will never let us walk alone, no matter what time of “day” it is.  Our walk with Him is always in the power and care of the Holy Spirit, so that no matter what we can have peace and comfort in His presence.

God speaks to our hearts:  Precious one.  Two things you worry about. Missing My direction and Missing My protection. There’s no failure in turning around to get back to Me. There’s no danger, even when you think it’s too late. You never walk alone no matter what. I promised in My word to be with you always and I AM not a man that I should lie or tell you half-truths. I AM God. There is no other. I am the One who is calling you back to Me. I am the One Who puts it on your heart to make a change. I am the One who calls you by name and gives you grace and mercy. You can stop and turn around today and give Me your heart, your problems and your desires and I will graciously forgive you and renew your faith in Me. I will not only walk with you until you get back to the spot I called you, I will walk you all the way to your final Home. Unlike friends who may walk out of your life or enemies who may strike at the very core of your life, I AM All loving, All seeing, All caring, All redeeming.  You can walk confident because you never have to feel condemned.

Oh beloved, aren’t we blessed? Our God is not a God who is unapproachable! He is the Great I AM and yet He is our Abba Father! Respect, glory and honor belong to Him alone but He is always there to help us.  No matter what you are going through, no matter what mistakes you think you have made, no matter who has said you’re done for, done in or done – God says follow Me, continue with Me, trust Me.

God loves you always and He’s for you continually and that’s why you can always return to Him, walk with Him and keep moving forward with Him.

I Timothy 1:14 Oh, how generous and gracious our Lord was! He filled me with the faith and love that come from Christ Jesus.

Lamentations 3:40 Instead, let us test and examine our ways. Let us turn back to the Lord.

Isaiah 30:18 Therefore the Lord longs to be gracious to you, and therefore He waits on high to have compassion on you. For the Lord is a God of justice; How blessed are all those who long for Him.

Psalm 13:5-6 But I trust in Your unfailing love.  I will rejoice because you have rescued me.  I will sing to the Lord because He is good to me.

 

No comments: