Thursday, October 10, 2013

Let Go of that Doorknob!

 
Our house is built in such a way that if we’re not careful when we close our door it really slams and it slams loudly! But it seems you can’t be careful enough, because although it’s happened before, I never remember it’s going to slam. So if I grab it quickly it booms as though the entire neighborhood can hear it. Every time it happens I look back at the door and ask myself, “how could that happen?”

I am reminded of a saying that is often used: “When God closes a door, He opens a window.” Problem is that some doors sure seem to be slammed. It’s sudden and with no warning it’s jerked from our grasp and banged shut! We didn’t shut the door, but someone did. We didn’t plan it, but someone did. We weren’t looking for open windows but the door is shut nonetheless.

We could keep looking at the door. It’s closed. It’s shut. We could wish we could go back through. We could pray it would reopen. We could whine. We could go get a key and open it back up. We could refuse to let it stay shut. We could remain immovable and continue to stare at the shut door.

But what would happen to the open window? Would it remain there? Would it be available? Would we have to decide between the closed door and the next opening? 

God speaks to my heart: Oh precious one. In My realm one door must be closed before another can open. It’s in that closed door time of life that you will feel vacated, left out, unsure and useless. But if you will trust Me when one door closes, I will open another door for you – this one will be better than the one before because I AM the door. And because I AM who I AM, the door I open can never be closed by any other person on earth. Nothing in all creation can stop my plans for you except you. My will is that you Trust Me, that you wait on Me and that you keep in the Word and rest in My promises. I have the very best in mind for you, even when things look so impossible. Even when you may feel shut out. Ultimately I AM the only one who can close the door and ultimately I AM the only one who can open the window of opportunity where you belong. This time of waiting is a time of preparation and together we will go forth in My glory, My will and My promises.

Oh beloved, hold onto the promises of God and let go of the door knob! Even though you can’t see what’s ahead, you are destined for God’s open door of blessings when you realize that He loves you and He’s for you and He goes ahead to prepare the way for you! Don’t mourn the closed doors of life, rather rejoice in the open doors you cannot see for that’s where the Lord is and that’s where you want to be – with the Lord underneath His care and presence, walking in His anointing and following Him always!

Joshua 22:5 …Love the Lord your God, walk in all His ways, obey His commands, hold firmly to Him, and serve Him with all your heart and all your soul.

John 8:12 Jesus spoke to the people once more and said, “I AM the light of the world. If you follow Me, you won’t have to walk in darkness, because you will have the light that leads to life.”

John 10:9 I AM the door; if anyone enters through Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take.

No comments: